Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing on a kid-sized mini-sub
I have concluded that this gift thing has been a "pie-in-they-sky" statement by Elon - however he has appeared to be extremely busy just getting the adult sized cars out there.

There are 2 promises left that I can remember that Elon has stated that hasn't come true.

1. This gift.
2. Ludicrous mode on the Model 3.

Reactions: JeffK
I don't remember that being a promise.
It wasn't a tweet:

Tesla is moving away from an SDK and instead planning to allow app mirroring from iPhones to center consoles

And the original SDK comments may not have even been from Elon (and if they were, it wasn't as a tweet). It's been so long that I don't anticipate it ever happening, and I've experienced CarPlay now on a rental car and it was mostly "meh". Honestly, I'd just be happy if they did more work to optimize my 2016 MCU. And made the media app not suck for USB.

Reactions: Kacey Green
It wasn't a tweet:

Tesla is moving away from an SDK and instead planning to allow app mirroring from iPhones to center consoles

And the original SDK comments may not have even been from Elon (and if they were, it wasn't as a tweet). It's been so long that I don't anticipate it ever happening, and I've experienced CarPlay now on a rental car and it was mostly "meh". Honestly, I'd just be happy if they did more work to optimize my 2016 MCU. And made the media app not suck for USB.
WHoahhh…

They didn't make a Model 3 in 2016. That can't be a gift. lol

There are 2 promises left that I can remember that Elon has stated that hasn't come true.
They didn't make a Model 3 in 2016. That can't be a gift. lol
Ah, maybe you were referring to Model 3 specific promises. Cause yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of other promises from Elon we could dig up that went unfulfilled. Model 3 specific, though, there's also air suspension. But it hasn't passed its "due date" yet. (But neither has Ludicrous, since there was never a due date associated with it. Maybe you could infer it would be due with the release of regular performance).

Reactions: Kacey Green
Ah, maybe you were referring to Model 3 specific promises. Cause yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of other promises from Elon we could dig up that went unfulfilled. Model 3 specific, though, there's also air suspension. But it hasn't passed its "due date" yet. (But neither has Ludicrous, since there was never a due date associated with it. Maybe you could infer it would be due with the release of regular performance).
He said that Air Suspension won't happen until next year.....so that's not yet an unfulfilled promise.

Come on people.

This effort has never ever been serious on Tesla's part. We need to just drop it already.

I got 2 tokens of appreciation for my pre-reveal reservation and therefore earlier delivery date. I only had to pay $1300 CDN for Pearl White. It is now $2000 CDN. As well I have free LTE for the life of the vehicle rather than just 1 year.
So thank you Elon. Very much appreciated!

An Elon tweet is about as truthful as one from our president. Maybe Twitter should come with a warning that you are in a reality distortion field where tweets are best swallowed with a glass of your favorite adult beverage. This thread reminds me of the non-sense we see in politics stoked by random tweets.

PS. Don't use this observation as an invite to vent on your politics.