Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who took off work to wait in line for a car I only knew the base price of, I'm a bit biased and would appreciate him keeping it to line waiters. We all got the drawing, but my store is an 8 hour round trip so that token while not required it would be nice since Elon promised it.
They don't really have any way of knowing if you were waiting in line, or if you wandered in just as the line was clearing.

• Funny
Reactions: gavine
I don't think that matters. There weren't many of us line waiters soo why not include wanderers also? I wouldn't care.
I agree, but my point that they pretty much have to include wanderers regardless.
Anyway, I reserved my car before 99% of people on this forum, thanks to annoyingly spherical planet.

51D48BE1-D543-4CFA-92A7-2674AA95961B.jpeg
51D48BE1-D543-4CFA-92A7-2674AA95961B.jpeg
August 7th and Elon tweets that they’re still working on it so that’s a good sign.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I agree it's likely the drawing. But I never waited in line and I got one. Then again, Elon never said it would only be sent to those who waited in line.

I waited in line and didn't get one. :| :)

Again, please cut some slack for Tesla, folks. Probably a lousy parallel, but, I wait in a long line at times at my local Starbucks but, does it entitle me to a cheaper serving of coffee or a free pastry and such? I graciously accept the barista's "thanks for waiting" line and enjoy my long-awaited coffee...

Despite what Elon suggested on Twitter, let's let him and team focus on building the darn cars first?! :)

I waited in line and didn't get one. :| :)

Again, please cut some slack for Tesla, folks. Probably a lousy parallel, but, I wait in a long line at times at my local Starbucks but, does it entitle me to a cheaper serving of coffee or a free pastry and such? I graciously accept the barista's "thanks for waiting" line and enjoy my long-awaited coffee...

Despite what Elon suggested on Twitter, let's let him and team focus on building the darn cars first?! :)
Um... Since this is costing 16,333 times what a frappuccino costs me... I beg to differ. I never expected anything free until Elon said he would provide something.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I dont know if this is everyones first time ever preordering something, but I have stood in 100 lines for video game releases, iPhones, etc... and I got no special prize except the item I was buying lol. Sure it will be cool whatever they give us because it will be free, and I know a lot of people are just telling jokes, but I think there is a fair percentage of people who are going to be all pissy and who are expecting something grand. Free supercharging or anything of that size and scope is not realistic. Sure we stood in line, but they also have 500,000 pre-orders lol. It would be different if they were struggling for orders and REALLY needed people there. Anyways, I will be happy with whatever I get.