TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Guesstimated Headroom and Legroom

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020' started by plug, Dec 1, 2017.

1. plug

plug Member

I'm 6'4" so would like some kind of guesstimate of headroom with the top up. Maybe somebody at the reveal who took a ride might have some thoughts even though there was no top at the time. Getting in and out is rather a must.

Legroom is probably not a problem as Franz von Holzhausen seemed ok in it.

There's no way I could plop down real $$$ without knowing that I could fit in it.

Any thoughts?

2. JanR

JanR Member

I would like to know also please. 6ft 5 here and intend to lose weight by 2020 ! I have bought the founders and just got the email confirm

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes, he’s pretty tall. I think those around 6 ft 5 in will be okay. For those who don’t recognize him, he’s the tall guy on the left in that row.

F03B3C7A-60C3-4845-BBAA-A3C1442F6C61.jpeg

4. JanR

JanR Member

Such a great looking car. If I don't fit I will just drive around with the targa roof off like Magnum in his 308

5. JanR

JanR Member

I got my email this morning for my Founders ed ..all done ! Now just a long long long wait!

6. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

I am glad we are on the small to average size!

7. jf2go

jf2go Member

Following this thread. I'm 6'3" and had the same question. I haven't put down my deposit, because I wasn't sure if I would fit. I tweeted Elon, and also asked folks at the LA Auto Show. Still haven't heard from anyone, but from the picture in the post above - if Franz can fit, I am probably okay.

8. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

Isn't Elon himself around 6'2"?

9. jf2go

jf2go Member

Didn’t realize that. Feeling much better that I can squeeze my arse into this beast :D

10. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

I don't recall exactly but I do remember being surprised when someone mentioned his height. I remember it specifically because we're about the same height.

11. jmueller

jmueller New Member

I am 6'3" and put a down payment for the Roadster 2 already, but this is my biggest concern. Can I fit?

j

12. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Franz is 6'5", he fitted just fine. With the roof on I imagine it's a bit of an exercise to get in and out, but once in, you'll fit.

13. JonG

JonG Banned

His head seems above the interior roof line even with his haircut

Attached Files:

14. GOVA

GOVA Mr Gumble

Elon said he is 6'2". When they introduced the Roadster and Franz got out of it, hi looks tad shorter than Elon.

15. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

That has to be perspective or something. I'm 6'1" and have met him and shaken hands, and had to look up to him.