TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Guidance: Should I get the door nick fixed?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by csriram45, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

?

Get the nick fixed

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
  1. csriram45

csriram45 Member

I picked up a used Tesla from Tesla about 2 weeks back. One of the items I noticed was that the passenger door had a nick and a poor done fix. I asked my service advisor during my appointment yesterday. While he was non committal on fixing it he said once engineering looks at it, they may have to paint the whole section or even the door and this may result in pain looking different from rest of the car. So he asked me if I was ok with it.

I am kind of in 2 minds to get it done as I know this will make the door look good or is the pain difference going to be too big and result in even poor look. I am thinking while initially it may stand out over time it may blend with the rest of the car?

What would others suggest? Attached is a picture of the nick.

Attached Files:

2. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Looks like it it is not a pearl color, so I would get it fixed. I would not be surprised if the whole door has to be painted to get the shine right.

Also, what is the white spot at front of the door handle?

3. jmaddr

jmaddr Member

I would get it fixed, but you might get some pushback since it's used. Hopefully not.

4. csriram45

csriram45 Member

Probably a reflection.

5. csriram45

csriram45 Member

Well thats the whole thing. since I notated it during pick up and it was not in original pictures I can push them and try but if I let go then I got no chance later... My service guy told me the above concern though so thought will run it by others.