Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Losers with no life and nothing better to do.
Only because you guys get so predictably triggered. Who cares, people are allowed to decide what car they want. Ordering a Tesla shouldn't be a life-altering contract lol. Nobody here is hot s**t because they ordered a MYP first, its a Model Y anyways, not a Model X. The car was never exclusive to begin with. Nowhere on the car does it even say "performance" except for a red underline.

Only because you guys get so predictably triggered. Who cares, people are allowed to decide what car they want. Ordering a Tesla shouldn't be a life-altering contract lol. Nobody here is hot s**t because they ordered a MYP first, its a Model Y anyways, not a Model X. The car was never exclusive to begin with. Nowhere on the car does it even say "performance" except for a red underline.
Loser

Where does it say that in the manual. Screenshot please

Were the last 27 times the manual page screenshot was posted in this thread not sufficient for you?

Here's one from just 7 days ago, explicitly replying to you by name with a screen shot from the manual showing the feature you discusses, autosteer, is intended specifically for use on controlled-access highways-- which by definition do not have cross traffic

As (also repeatedly) explained- the US government's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices discuss freeways as divided highways with full control of access.

And explains that full control of access means the traffic is free-flowing- there can be no cross traffic because all intersections must not be at-grade (that is you can only cross using overpasses or underpasses that don't directly cross the freeways traffic flow.

Why do you keep asking for an answer you've already been repeatedly spoon fed?

It doesn’t.

Except, of course, it does literally say it, and this has been repeatedly proven.

Reactions: Phlier
Were the last 27 times the manual page screenshot was posted in this thread not sufficient for you?

Here's one from just 7 days ago, explicitly replying to you by name with a screen shot from the manual showing the feature you discusses, autosteer, is intended specifically for use on controlled-access highways-- which by definition do not have cross traffic

As (also repeatedly) explained- the US government's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices discuss freeways as divided highways with full control of access.

And explains that full control of access means the traffic is free-flowing- there can be no cross traffic because all intersections must not be at-grade (that is you can only cross using overpasses or underpasses that don't directly cross the freeways traffic flow.

Except, of course, it does literally say it, and this has been repeatedly proven.
Whatever man. That’s literally boilerplate wording they are required to say. It’s 100% meant to be used on and designed for highways, freeways, and city streets with stop lights and stop signs. Do you actually use it?

Unfortunately a lot of wasted info here for a horribly flawed system and AP/TACC. The car while entirely on auto pilot will throw hard braking marks against you. How is this? It's entirely on AP and traffic light control? Because the system is utter garbage.

Mark this post....I was going to make a thread about it, but complete waste of energy and time. But I will bet the farm on this statement.

Under the current camera system Tesla will never achieve self-driving without intervention on a constant basis for the most basic things. There is no debating here, plain facts that a simple example or two which nobody can deny blows the entire system out of the water and makes it useless.

Thus, wasting time/money on this system is foolish.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Whatever man.

Not whatever- you claimed what I said wasn't true- but not only is it true- evidence has been repeatedly posted throughout the thread.

That’s literally boilerplate wording they are required to say.

NOW we have someone posting untrue things :)

required by whom?

ADAS systems aren't regulated- there's no such requirement to say anything like that.

Extra weird that you're changing your argument from "It does not say that" to "of course it says that- it's required!"

Not whatever- you claimed what I said wasn't true- but not only is it true- evidence has been repeatedly posted throughout the thread.

NOW we have someone posting untrue things :)

required by whom?

ADAS systems aren't regulated- there's no such requirement to say anything like that.

Extra weird that you're changing your argument from "It does not say that" to "of course it says that- it's required!"
Because I doesn’t make sense. That wording hasn’t changed from early days. And why would there even be a stop light and stop sign part of AP if it’s not meant for those areas.

Personal experience of me and MANY others, says it’s fine, and works well. You found a line in the manual that says it’s not meant for that. Good for you. Hope you feel good.

Because I doesn’t make sense. That wording hasn’t changed from early days.

Neither has the intended use of autosteer. So it makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make sense is you desperately moving goalposts from "it does not say that" to "of course it says that, it has to!"

And why would there even be a stop light and stop sign part of AP if it’s not meant for those areas.

Again- stoplight function turns on when TACC does. Which does NOT have that wording about only using on highways.

It STAYS on when you engage autosteer, because you can't engage AS without ALSO having TACC on... (there are also some highway situations with stoplights- especially when controlling on-ramp access- actually just ran across some of these in Pennsylvania this past weekend-there's no cross-traffic, but the stoplight insures the rate of vehicles entering the new highway is controlled-- but that's somewhat besides the point)

Personal experience of me and MANY others, says it’s fine, and works well.

You realize the poster who spawned this line of discussion did so specifically because of how well it was not dealing with cross-traffic, right?

Because, as the manual tells you, it's not intended to be used with cross traffic.[/QUOTE]

Like I posted, I admire his accomplishments. However, I have a problem with his views which lead me to question his character. There is a certain amount of responsibility that comes with celebrity status. His opinions hold more weight with the world audience than yours or mine. He got sued because he called someone a 'pedo guy' over a public spat. He deleted a couple tweets which actually helped him in the case. Apparently, deleting them meant he wasn't serious according to his lawyer.

IMO, he was just being a bully and got away with it because of who he was. Does it mean he's a bad guy? Probably not, we all make mistakes, but he should have owned up to it rather than hide behind his lawyers. The damage was done. Deleting the tweets really didn't matter. It's a case worth reading about to get better context.

“However, I have a problem with his views which lead me to question his character”

Who the f u c k do you think you are ?
Wow… you have one hell of an ego.
That’s quite an extraordinary thing to post.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Elon doing his best to appear as the heartless billionaire so many accuse him of with a fact free take on working from home.

Because 3 economists would know? Give me a break. They’re talking out their butts the same way most everyone else on this planet does. Some people are more productive working from home being disciplined individuals, while some are not, easily distracted or lazy. Like, duh.

So here’s what actually is happening for Elon to have that opinion, since you don’t seem to understand how human’s think.

Obviously, Elon’s relating to his experience at his various companies with his employees. Somebodies screwed up at Tesla or SpaceX or wherever and didn’t do their job. They were lazy, thought they could attend an Elon meeting remotely or some other form of not being there and not doing their best work. This has been backed up by the recent email to employees. So now he’s pissed that somebodies have been having fun with the dog, not just on his dime but on the dime of the world.

Secondarily, Elon is very hands on and he’d expect that of his employees. He also has a strong sense of fairness, so it wouldn’t find it fair is line/assembly workers and the like had to show up in person, but engineers that fiddle on computers all day didn’t. And we don’t have time to figure out which people are self motivated and which ones need someone breathing down their neck, so back to the workplace they all go. Not the end of the world, but might be if someone drops the ball and doesn’t do their job.

What a joker.
Now where in your screen shot does it mention cross traffic.

What a joker.
Now where in your screen shot does it mention cross traffic.

It's in the part where it says it's only intended for use on a type of road that by definition does not have cross traffic

Same as the last several times this was explained to you.

Maybe find some new material to repeatedly act "confused" about?

Last edited:
A true SELF DRIVING vehicle does not require mapping.
D79A0836-A516-45E1-A336-9F7B8D6A1F81.jpeg

Seriously. Do you even know what self driving means?

Reactions: EVNow
Status
Not open for further replies.