TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Guide to TMC Groups

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by danny, Dec 28, 2016.

1. danny

danny Administrator

Please refer to the following documents for guidance in using TMC Groups:

Groups guide for Group Owners/Admin:
    TMC Groups Guide for Group Administration

Groups guide for TMC Users: TMC Groups Guide

Both docs are works in progress. Please feel free to ask questions and mention anything that you feel is missing from the documents.

2. Vexar

Vexar Member

One thing is missing: a link to the groups. I used to have that. What gives?

3. danny

danny Administrator

Not sure why you aren't seeing that.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2017-10-04-10-40-52-107.png

Anyone else having this issue?

4. Vexar

Vexar Member

I'm using Firefox 55.0.1 on x8-64 Linux. I'm also using Adblock. Is it that?

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

1.) Please whitelist TMC or become a supporting member. This site has minimal ads in the forum and we rely on that revenue to be sustainable.

2.) Try Ctrl - (hold control key and press minus sign key) to reduce the browser zoom. I think you're seeing the "hamburger" menu intended for mobile devices.

3.) If your seeing the hamburger menu (looks like three horizontal lines in the upper left), click on that. Collapse the Community option and click on Groups.

6. Vexar

Vexar Member

Ctrl - did not shrink enough. I am seeing the hamburger menu and collapsing community did show the Groups option. Re-test with smaller screens, please! Elektrek.co has some great ads on deals. Yours just reflect my Amazon browsing history, which is a little embarrassing right now because I was trying to see if I could get it to recommend reagents for making nerve gas as sort of an internet experiment.

7. danny

danny Administrator

What is your screen size and resoution? Also, if you know, what is your browser resolution when seeing this issue?

8. Vexar

Vexar Member

This is definitely a window size issue. I've run into it at TMC before and at 1024x768 on Firefox 55, which is a reasonable minimum for web design, this problem shows up. It is the 1024 pixel width.

9. danny

danny Administrator

Ok, well it's actually like that by design. It may not make sense now, but we are adding one more thing shortly to the top menu list and that will make it such that it needs to go into mobile mode by the time you hit 1024 in width.

10. Vexar

Vexar Member

OK. Feel free to message me if you want any testing done.

11. danny

danny Administrator

Thanks, I'll let you know. Once we implement that new menu item, I'll try make sure we aren't unnecessarily collapsing the navbar into mobile mode prematurely.