Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guide to TMC Groups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why you aren't seeing that.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2017-10-04-10-40-52-107.png

Anyone else having this issue?

1.) Please whitelist TMC or become a supporting member. This site has minimal ads in the forum and we rely on that revenue to be sustainable.

2.) Try Ctrl - (hold control key and press minus sign key) to reduce the browser zoom. I think you're seeing the "hamburger" menu intended for mobile devices.

3.) If your seeing the hamburger menu (looks like three horizontal lines in the upper left), click on that. Collapse the Community option and click on Groups.

Ctrl - did not shrink enough. I am seeing the hamburger menu and collapsing community did show the Groups option. Re-test with smaller screens, please! Elektrek.co has some great ads on deals. Yours just reflect my Amazon browsing history, which is a little embarrassing right now because I was trying to see if I could get it to recommend reagents for making nerve gas as sort of an internet experiment.

This is definitely a window size issue. I've run into it at TMC before and at 1024x768 on Firefox 55, which is a reasonable minimum for web design, this problem shows up. It is the 1024 pixel width.
Ok, well it's actually like that by design. It may not make sense now, but we are adding one more thing shortly to the top menu list and that will make it such that it needs to go into mobile mode by the time you hit 1024 in width.

Over the past few weeks I've contacted TMC twice asking for help on how to delete a group, as I cannot figure out how to. I created one several years ago for my Tesla Owners Club but we never migrated to TMC... the club uses Meetup and Facebook and that's that. So having a defunct group lying around on TMC is just confusing to newbies and my preference would be to delete it. . . . if I could find a way!

So far I have not heard anything back from whoever receives "Contact Us" messages at TMC. Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to delete a group?

Over the past few weeks I've contacted TMC twice asking for help on how to delete a group, as I cannot figure out how to. I created one several years ago for my Tesla Owners Club but we never migrated to TMC... the club uses Meetup and Facebook and that's that. So having a defunct group lying around on TMC is just confusing to newbies and my preference would be to delete it. . . . if I could find a way!

So far I have not heard anything back from whoever receives "Contact Us" messages at TMC. Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to delete a group?
We can't just delete groups as that would delete its content. However, I have changed the groups name, logo and description so as to better avoid further confusion with your club.

We can't just delete groups as that would delete its content. However, I have changed the groups name, logo and description so as to better avoid further confusion with your club.

Sigh. You guys and your need for ownership of others' content.

You could delete the group. But you won't because of a few straggling old posts that mean nothing. Instead we have a differently named group that will continue to confuse people. Way to go TMC.

This is one reason why I did not want my Tesla Owners Club anywhere near TMC, just so you know.

Sigh. You guys and your need for ownership of others' content.

You could delete the group. But you won't because of a few straggling old posts that mean nothing. Instead we have a differently named group that will continue to confuse people. Way to go TMC.

This is one reason why I did not want my Tesla Owners Club anywhere near TMC, just so you know.
Your assumptions are incorrect, and your attitude unnecessary.

I mostly do not deal with the technical side of the website, but due to the fact that we use custom software, deleting the group isn't done with just a push of a button (yes ideally it would be).

Secondly, this has nothing to do with ownership of content. Just because the starter of a thread may ask us to close a thread, doesn't mean we do it. We generally prefer not to, as it can disturb discussion and resources for other members. The same goes for a group. Your group was open to anyone who wanted to join, and it was set to allow auto-joining instead of moderated joining. This means that some users from New Mexico may have been using it, regardless of their affiliation with your actual local club (they may not even have known who you are). As such, removing the group entirely would not be fair to those users. So I deleted any description of the group that may make it sound like your actual club, but that doesn't mean a New Mexico group can't exist on TMC.

I have not gone through the threads in your club to check which may be explicitly related to your club vs just being about stuff related to New Mexico, as I honestly have other priorities, and I don't see how a couple threads there would confuse anyone. But if you absolutely insist, and want to point out specific posts that you worry may be confusing, please send me the links and I'll review.

Again, I did what I honestly thought would resolve your concerns, so your assumptions of bad intentions on our part is unfair and uninformed, and quite frankly, you've had this negative attitude since the first communications I had with you years ago.