TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Guidelines for Post Signatures

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by doug, Sep 18, 2013.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Unsolicited advice: patience and a clear head. Just like investing, don't act based on emotion here.

Many people on the forum value your opinion and your sharing of them here. There's no need to pout or throw a fit and leave with the game ball.

2. kevin99

kevin99 Member

What the heck is this? Weird i dont even know you.

it is clear you are mixing two. I won't waste time debating more.

3. kevin99

kevin99 Member

Agreed. What I should probably said is my time is better spent somewhere else.

4. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Wow, you're upset that I'm agreeding with you? Your're a tough guy to please.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

My two cents? Lots of drama here over something a lot of forums don't allow. Is signature policy on TMC really something worth debating, folks? Perspective, please.

6. kevin99

kevin99 Member

Yeah right

7. kevin99

kevin99 Member

The issue at heart here is whether Investnaire is a competing site? And to that point is seekingalpha a competing site?

I sent a long mail to owner and mods involved and it went to a black hole. No answer. Then modification of signature without notice is not cool.
    And Larry you can stay out of this as you have no clue.

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

There was a lot of discussion about the Signature changes and a lot of time to make the changes. Are you saying you were unaware of any of this?

9. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

#69 DaveT, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    I hope the mods consider updating the signature policy. I think Kevin99, sleepyhead, and others should be able to post links in their signatures to articles they've written. It's sensible.

Edit: I'm confused. Is the issue linking to another site or having a lengthy signature?

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Unnecessary and harsh, bro.

11. bonnie

I seem to remember that one of the mods asked you to fix your signature and you flat out refused, saying you weren't going to do so at the request of a moderator. Perhaps the wording was different, Kevin, but to complain that you had no correspondence with moderators is simply not true.

Larry has a valid point. You had no problem setting rules on your site, but you are complaining about owners of this site setting rules. And since this is an open forum, Larry is free to post wherever he would like.

12. kevin99

kevin99 Member

I ignored the request until I get an answer on the competing site question, which has not come. I need that answer to decide whether I want to contribute to a competing site.

Bonnie you misinterpreted. You should go back to the pm. You were cc'ed.

Yes I am annoyed by figure like Larry jumping in and not know what they are messing, like some of folks on the short term thread. I called them out when necessary. I did that to those guys on the short term thread as well.

13. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Kevin, I'm willing to publish our entire, and lengthy, correspondence but I don't think that would help the situation. I know you're busy with a lot of things so I'm sure some of it must have just slipped your mind but you might want to review PMs from October 15th.

- - - update - - -

Everyone has been asked to comply with the forum signature policy and when individuals have been asked they have done so. Your signature still contains a link to your website, just not 3 different ones spread over 5 lines. We're all operating under the same set of rules so there's no unfair treatment here.

14. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Notice how some people above were able to fit more than 5 links to various things all in a single line of text.

15. kevin99

kevin99 Member

Now I am confused the reason removing part of my signature. Is it the competing site clause, or the 3 lines limit? I can agree to the 3 lines limit, but the competing site is a complete different issue, which I asked for an official answer in the PM to Doug, Nigel and Bonnie I referred to. I have not gotten one.

16. bonnie

You didn't like the answer from Nigel, saying you'd only take an answer from the site owner. So not much point in me answering.

17. Larry Chanin

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you sure did call me out. Insults always work at getting your point across. Well done!

You still refuse to admit the irony of your position. You don't have any problem with managing content on your site, even unpublishing content, but you have a huge problem when site management here merely edits your signature.

The more you post, the more you display your disregard for prior site management communications and demonstrate your unwillingness to respect this site's rules.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that your original position was correct, ... "It is clear I should not waste my time here."

Larry

18. kevin99

kevin99 Member

I am really annoyed by someone who takes a strong opinion with very little or no stake.
    Guys on the short term thread or SA argue to death why the stock must go up or down, without money in the game. I choose to ignore those arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

The way I handle it is add to ignore list. I encourage you to do the same.

19. Larry Chanin

Hi Kevin,

I totally agree it is so annoying. So why are you taking such a strong opinion on something as trivial as a signature?

There you go again, saying something I completely agree with.

Larry

20. kevin99

kevin99 Member

#80 kevin99, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    You have no clue:

And this is what you been doing behind the curtain, busy giving me bad reputation? Larry? Very funny.

Latest Reputation Received (26 point(s) total)

Thread: Guidelines for Post Signatures
    10-30-2013 11:43 PM​

go back to your site..wasting time..annoying guy