TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Guidelines for Post Signatures

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by doug, Sep 18, 2013.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Let's keep it civil folks.

Reputation is anonymous if the awarder chooses not to sign and it could be from any of the >10,000 members.

2. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

This is one of the best reads I've had in awhile, keep it coming!

kingofpopcorn1.gif
    dule-popcorn.gif
    jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif
    colbert-popcorn.gif
    indiana-jones-popcorn.gif

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#83 NigelM, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Squirrel!!!!

4. kevin99

kevin99 Member

If someone care enough to post a reputation, then he/she should have the gut to put his/her name behind it. Taking a cheap shot by being anonymous? I could care less.

To those call me this or that behind the scene, I don't even see who you are, so I won't bother.

5. towman26

towman26 Member

Ok I must be blind because I can't even find we're to set up my signature lol anybody want to show me?

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Click on settings in the upper right of the page then on the left is 'edit signature'

7. towman26

towman26 Member

Got it, thanks

8. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Warren,

Please refer to the email that I sent you.

Larry

9. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Not to stir up this thread, but a few comments:

As Admin, I can see who posts reputation, and it wasn't Larry. That said, this feature is being abused and I've gone ahead and disabled the ability for regular members to give negative rep. Some are taking it too seriously and others are using it to hurl insults. We expect communication on this forum to be respectful whether in public forums, private messages, or anonymous comments.

The rules are pretty standard. We got by without them in the past because people were just using good sense.

Kevin was asked repeatedly and purposely ignored the moderators.

I think the right way to do this is if you've written an article off site that would be of interest to others at TMC, you post a link to it along with a brief summary or a quote so readers aren't forced to click through to get the gist. Kevin was posting links the same articles in multiple threads in order to promote his site. So essentially cross posting and spamming, two violations of standard forum etiquette. You may have not seen the full extent since the mods interviened. Compounding that with three or four lines of links to his site in his signature makes things feel even more spammy (as well as an overly long signature).

10. kevin99

kevin99 Member

#90 kevin99, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    Lo
    To be fair, in the beginning I was doing "spamming" as I see it pretty normal in a forum setting, and the links i posted is the thread i started within tmc, not even my site which i stsrted much later. Later on given the notes from mods, I did exercise caution by common sense so it is no longer the case.

However my posts seems caught the gawky eyes of Nigel, who keeps slapping on everything I post, to the point I have to ignore him. Nigel even gave me a bad reputation the last post I did on KNDI and I was like what the heck is that for. I didn't see how he modify my post, which he did all the times so I don't see how I violate the rule again. Here is the post:
    KNDI Investment discussion - Page 7

I've thought about this and it is not worthy to continue. Not much fun if I have to think twice what I have to say every time.

I will minimize my participation so peace.

For the record, this is not true:
    "
    Kevin was posting links the same articles in multiple threads in order to promote his site. So essentially cross posting and spamming, two violations of standard forum etiquette."

In the beginning I post links to the tmc thread i started, not my site which did not exist.

I might post link to my site in the right context, a single link but never multiple. Go ahead show everyone how bad I was.

Now that i started the whining, let me flush it out. One more incident is when I included my paid article link from seekingalpha in my post, Nigel even removed that link with the accusation of me getting a few more clicks to earn a few cents. I called that ridiculous and since then it striked the wrong chord and Nigel seems amp up the effort of slapping. That is why I have to ignore him, and refuse to discuss with him one on one unless someone else is involved.

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Ummmm, right......

My wife says I don't have gawky eyes.

BTW, I didn't change anything on your original post. The record shows you edited it yourself yesterday. The negative rep was because three of the last four posts on that thread were you directing folks to your personal site.

Kevin, I'm not on a witch hunt but the fact is that as a moderator on the investor section your posts were always likely to fall under one person. I'd be happy to publish the entire communications we have had but I'm not sure it would make you feel better.

12. kevin99

kevin99 Member

Alright to the entertainment of rolosrevenge, lets continue the saga, and perhaps get to the bottom of all these dramas.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by kevin99 viewpost-right.png
    However my posts seems caught the gawky eyes of Nigel, who keeps slapping on everything I post, to the point I have to ignore him. Nigel even gave me a bad reputation the last post I did on KNDI and I was like what the heck is that for. I didn't see how he modify my post, which he did all the times so I don't see how I violate the rule again. Here is the post:

Yes when I post #65 (KNDI Investment discussion - Page 7), I didn't see #64 (KNDI Investment discussion - Page 7) , perhaps I have a tab open long time ago and didn't reload. I said something like this:

"
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ckessel viewpost-right.png
    Not sure I'm grasping it from the charts (waiting on site registration), but basically you're buying one call when prices are low and writing another call when the price has gone up to cover the cost of the first trade? The trick is your comprehension of when a swing up or down has reached it's zenith/nadir?

I though I replied but I guess not, there is a thought process which decides the trades and the thought process is more important the trades itself. My strategy in my signature elaborate the process.
    "

I am pretty sure I didn't include any link but refer to my signature. Later I realize there is already #64, so I removed the part.
    Now tell me Nigel, what bothers you gives me a bad reput on this?

I certainly welcome that. It will enlighten everyone on your judgement. BTW, I have the record and I can publish it too.

13. kevin99

kevin99 Member

Sorry typo. I meant hawky eyes.

14. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Nigel has been very clear and fair in his handling of you. Just because you don't like what he said (and I and other mods agree with him) doesn't mean you can ignore him.

15. kevin99

kevin99 Member

#95 kevin99, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    If that is the case, we should really go in and peel the onion to see how fair he was. Publishing the whole communication will serve the purpose.

I maintain my stance of refusing dealing with Nigel on 1-on-1 basis.

I am fully aware of the possibility of being kicked out here by displaying such disrespect. I don't usually do this but I had enough of him.

16. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Kevin can you just chill out and stop please. This is tiresome. It's the Tesla Motors Club Forum. Not the Kevin Doesn't Like Following Instructions Forum. You can PM me of want.

17. kevin99

kevin99 Member

Look at it as part of entertainment brought to you by TMC. I am sure it will increase readership.

I am already at peace as I am tuning out...

18. kevin99

kevin99 Member

However this is one piece of unfinished business.

19. kvietor

kvietor Model S VIN 168

"Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow."

(Thank you Jane Curtain wherever you are)

20. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder