Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guidelines for Post Signatures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two cents? Lots of drama here over something a lot of forums don't allow. Is signature policy on TMC really something worth debating, folks? Perspective, please.

The issue at heart here is whether Investnaire is a competing site? And to that point is seekingalpha a competing site?

I sent a long mail to owner and mods involved and it went to a black hole. No answer. Then modification of signature without notice is not cool.
And Larry you can stay out of this as you have no clue.

The issue at heart here is whether Investnaire is a competing site? And to that point is seekingalpha a competing site?

I sent a long mail to owner and mods involved and it went to a black hole. No answer. Then modification of signature without notice is not cool.

There was a lot of discussion about the Signature changes and a lot of time to make the changes. Are you saying you were unaware of any of this?

I hope the mods consider updating the signature policy. I think Kevin99, sleepyhead, and others should be able to post links in their signatures to articles they've written. It's sensible.

Edit: I'm confused. Is the issue linking to another site or having a lengthy signature?

Last edited:

I seem to remember that one of the mods asked you to fix your signature and you flat out refused, saying you weren't going to do so at the request of a moderator. Perhaps the wording was different, Kevin, but to complain that you had no correspondence with moderators is simply not true.

Larry has a valid point. You had no problem setting rules on your site, but you are complaining about owners of this site setting rules. And since this is an open forum, Larry is free to post wherever he would like.

I seem to remember that one of the mods asked you to fix your signature and you flat out refused, saying you weren't going to do so at the request of a moderator. Perhaps the wording was different, Kevin, but to complain that you had no correspondence with moderators is simply not true.

Larry has a valid point. You had no problem setting rules on your site, but you are complaining about owners of this site setting rules. And since this is an open forum, Larry is free to post wherever he would like.

I ignored the request until I get an answer on the competing site question, which has not come. I need that answer to decide whether I want to contribute to a competing site.

Bonnie you misinterpreted. You should go back to the pm. You were cc'ed.

Yes I am annoyed by figure like Larry jumping in and not know what they are messing, like some of folks on the short term thread. I called them out when necessary. I did that to those guys on the short term thread as well.

Kevin, I'm willing to publish our entire, and lengthy, correspondence but I don't think that would help the situation. I know you're busy with a lot of things so I'm sure some of it must have just slipped your mind but you might want to review PMs from October 15th.

- - - update - - -

I ignored the request....

Everyone has been asked to comply with the forum signature policy and when individuals have been asked they have done so. Your signature still contains a link to your website, just not 3 different ones spread over 5 lines. We're all operating under the same set of rules so there's no unfair treatment here.

Kevin, I'm willing to publish our entire, and lengthy, correspondence but I don't think that would help the situation. I know you're busy with a lot of things so I'm sure some of it must have just slipped your mind but you might want to review PMs from October 15th.

- - - update - - -

Everyone has been asked to comply with the forum signature policy and when individuals have been asked they have done so. Your signature still contains a link to your website, just not 3 different ones spread over 5 lines. We're all operating under the same set of rules so there's no unfair treatment here.

Notice how some people above were able to fit more than 5 links to various things all in a single line of text.

Now I am confused the reason removing part of my signature. Is it the competing site clause, or the 3 lines limit? I can agree to the 3 lines limit, but the competing site is a complete different issue, which I asked for an official answer in the PM to Doug, Nigel and Bonnie I referred to. I have not gotten one.

Now I am confused the reason removing part of my signature. Is it the competing site clause, or the 3 lines limit? I can agree to the 3 lines limit, but the competing site is a complete different issue, which I asked for an official answer in the PM to Doug, Nigel and Bonnie I referred to. I have not gotten one.

You didn't like the answer from Nigel, saying you'd only take an answer from the site owner. So not much point in me answering.

I ignored the request until I get an answer on the competing site question, which has not come. I need that answer to decide whether I want to contribute to a competing site.

Bonnie you misinterpreted. You should go back to the pm. You were cc'ed.

Yes I am annoyed by figure like Larry jumping in and not know what they are messing, like some of folks on the short term thread. I called them out when necessary. I did that to those guys on the short term thread as well.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you sure did call me out. Insults always work at getting your point across. Well done!

You still refuse to admit the irony of your position. You don't have any problem with managing content on your site, even unpublishing content, but you have a huge problem when site management here merely edits your signature.

The more you post, the more you display your disregard for prior site management communications and demonstrate your unwillingness to respect this site's rules.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that your original position was correct, ... "It is clear I should not waste my time here."

Larry

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you sure did call me out. Insults always work at getting your point across. Well done!

You still refuse to admit the irony of your position. You don't have any problem with managing content on your site, even unpublishing content, but you have a huge problem when site management here merely edits your signature.

The more you post, the more you display your disregard for prior site management communications and demonstrate your unwillingness to respect this site's rules.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that your original position was correct, ... "It is clear I should not waste my time here."

Larry

I am really annoyed by someone who takes a strong opinion with very little or no stake.
Guys on the short term thread or SA argue to death why the stock must go up or down, without money in the game. I choose to ignore those arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really annoyed by someone who takes a strong opinion with very little or no stake.
Guys on the short term thread or SA argue to death why the stock must go up or down, without money in the game. I choose to ignore those arguments.

The way I handle it is add to ignore list. I encourage you to do the same.

Hi Kevin,

I totally agree it is so annoying. So why are you taking such a strong opinion on something as trivial as a signature?

The way I handle it is add to ignore list. I encourage you to do the same.

There you go again, saying something I completely agree with.

Larry

So why are you taking such a strong opinion on something as trivial as a signature?

Larry

You have no clue:

And this is what you been doing behind the curtain, busy giving me bad reputation? Larry? Very funny.

Latest Reputation Received (26 point(s) total)

Thread: Guidelines for Post Signatures
10-30-2013 11:43 PM​

go back to your site..wasting time..annoying guy

Last edited: