Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guides for center console teardown?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen any videos yet for how to completely tear down the center console in the model 3. Does anyone know if there are any, or can give me some guidance?

I have a really bad rattle coming from this compartment in the image below. I've been fighting this rattle for the past 6 months trying to figure out where it was coming from, and I'm pretty sure I nailed it down to this compartment. This compartment extends from the cup holders all the way to the armrest compartment. I can't find any way to pull it out.

I also dropped a clip into the hole where the cup holders are in the process of trying to locate the rattle, and tried fishing for the clip for 2 hours with a flexible magnetic tool with no luck. I can probably find it if I am able to remove the whole compartment. It looks like you may have to remove the other phone holder compartment in front first.

I've brought my car to the service center before for the rattle, but can never reproduce it there, so they never fixed it.

rScxCyk.jpg

Here is a video of the rattle that I showed to the service center, but they couldn't reproduce it on the roads near them.

Last edited: