Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guilty for having too much money or how to drop your stock price in one easy lesson!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk tried to distract the market with plans for a shiny new Tesla robot. It backfired horribly

I am not a Tesla Boi and neither am I anti-Tesla (my seventh one is about to be delivered), but the recent earnings call was grossly disappointing. I am a realist.

Musk's autistic and bipolar bent shined through in his last earnings call. This article has very valid points. His cat and mouse just don't cut it anymore, and if he's not careful with his nonchalance, his company risks implosion. Do you like that Bernstein's $300 per share underperform target? A few more earnings calls like that and we are on our way.

Everyone was looking for a TIMELINE, as promised. None to be had. All we got was a TIMEWHINE.
No one gives a flying F about R2D3 the new robot he is working on.

I predict that lackluster earnings call performance alone will take the edge of off share growth for at least a couple of quarters. It certainly is going to cause me to re-evaluate some of my holdings. Outperformed in the market last year by Ford. C'mon man.

What a shame that he doesn't possess the necessary social skills to know how to spin. At the call, Musk was a fine example of shooting yourself in both feet with both barrels.

He needed to show profit charts in which the numbers are amazing. $1 billion over expectations. Say what? Worthy of applause!

He needed to focus on how Tesla is going to flesh out and fulfill the extreme demand for the current models.

He needed to talk about the PLAID, the greatest advancement in engineering in automotive history with pictures of it speeding across the screen.

He needed to talk about all the changes and advancements made to the CYBRTRK with slides and outlines of the changes. He needed to fire up those one million back orders.

He needed to provide a fair estimate of when the first CYBRTRK will roll off the line from Austin and about how many they plan to make a year. When is the semi coming in full force? Where is the roadster?

He needed to point out that when complete, Giga Austin will produce more vehicles in one plant than Ford and General Motors make combined in all of their facilities.

It's like having the greatest gathering of investors in the world and spending the time talking about how the car seats fart.

He didn't have to say there is no $25k model. He could have easily said, we continue to look into it.

He didn't have to say there are no new models being released this year. What about the semis going to Pepsi? What about the completely re-engineered Model Y with mega casts and revolutionary new batteries. it's a new car. Dah!

Focus on the positives and focus on how the demand is so great that there are no standard Model Xs and Ss available until next year. And the wait for the long-range Model Y is until December. What about the fact that used Teslas are selling for thousands over their purchase price.

And what about PLAID? Not mentioned once.

His presentation evidenced an arrogant level of lack of preparation and a gross lack of understanding of his audience.

And that's what happens when you don't have a P/R and Marketing department and delude yourself into believing you can do it on your own.

Imagine the billions he personally lost ($400) per share in making this misfire. An eloquent and consumer-sensitive marketing department that produced hard data wouldn't even cost millions.

I think he may feel guilty about all the money he has earned and maybe subconsciously sabotaging it. This isn't the first time he has opened his mouth only to have the stock plummet. Remember, "I think the stock is valued way too high." Mike drop.
Get some therapy, bud.

A man so bright that he can put rockets and satellites into space, and land boosters on a dime. What I witnessed the other night, was a blithering shame.

All of his brightness, all of his innovation, all of his dedication, all of his climate-worthiness, all of his changing of the world, tarnished and diminished by a simple arrogant act of failure to consult and a severe lack of preparation.

Perhaps, like Aaron Rogers, Elon Musk should spend less time worrying about the government and making enemies, and focus on the task at hand.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who are invested in $TSLA or $FSD fail to see what an $FSO full self operating optimus robot could do in your home, in your neighbourhood, in your community, at your burger or what-not joint ... and it's likely to receive government approval first (if any is even required). There wouldn't even be any delivery issues, it could simply take bus/train/uber to arrive. If you don't need it 24h/7, you can rent it to your neighbours for the remaining hours. It will simply bring you the change if you accept cash. Tank the stock my *ss.

The company made how much last year ? I think everyone needs to calm down , take a walk and quit demanding things to be how they feel it should be. 😅
But basically it comes down to small minded / shorted sited people who can not think of the big picture nor long term will always have knee jerk responses. If Elon had listened to comments like this there would be no Tesla , SpaceX , so please think past tomorrow or even next year before you speak 😏

Elon Musk tried to distract the market with plans for a shiny new Tesla robot. It backfired horribly

I am not a Tesla Boi and neither am I anti-Tesla (my seventh one is about to be delivered), but the recent earnings call was grossly disappointing. I am a realist.

Musk's autistic and bipolar bent shined through in his last earnings call. This article has very valid points. His cat and mouse just don't cut it anymore, and if he's not careful with his nonchalance, his company risks implosion. Do you like that Bernstein's $300 per share underperform target? A few more earnings calls like that and we are on our way.

Everyone was looking for a TIMELINE, as promised. None to be had. All we got was a TIMEWHINE.
No one gives a flying F about R2D3 the new robot he is working on.

I predict that lackluster earnings call performance alone will take the edge of off share growth for at least a couple of quarters. It certainly is going to cause me to re-evaluate some of my holdings. Outperformed in the market last year by Ford. C'mon man.

What a shame that he doesn't possess the necessary social skills to know how to spin. At the call, Musk was a fine example of shooting yourself in both feet with both barrels.

He needed to show profit charts in which the numbers are amazing. $1 billion over expectations. Say what? Worthy of applause!

He needed to focus on how Tesla is going to flesh out and fulfill the extreme demand for the current models.

He needed to talk about the PLAID, the greatest advancement in engineering in automotive history with pictures of it speeding across the screen.

He needed to talk about all the changes and advancements made to the CYBRTRK with slides and outlines of the changes. He needed to fire up those one million back orders.

He needed to provide a fair estimate of when the first CYBRTRK will roll off the line from Austin and about how many they plan to make a year. When is the semi coming in full force? Where is the roadster?

He needed to point out that when complete, Giga Austin will produce more vehicles in one plant than Ford and General Motors make combined in all of their facilities.

It's like having the greatest gathering of investors in the world and spending the time talking about how the car seats fart.

He didn't have to say there is no $25k model. He could have easily said, we continue to look into it.

He didn't have to say there are no new models being released this year. What about the semis going to Pepsi? What about the completely re-engineered Model Y with mega casts and revolutionary new batteries. it's a new car. Dah!

Focus on the positives and focus on how the demand is so great that there are no standard Model Xs and Ss available until next year. And the wait for the long-range Model Y is until December. What about the fact that used Teslas are selling for thousands over their purchase price.

And what about PLAID? Not mentioned once.

His presentation evidenced an arrogant level of lack of preparation and a gross lack of understanding of his audience.

And that's what happens when you don't have a P/R and Marketing department and delude yourself into believing you can do it on your own.

Imagine the billions he personally lost ($400) per share in making this misfire. An eloquent and consumer-sensitive marketing department that produced hard data wouldn't even cost millions.

I think he may feel guilty about all the money he has earned and maybe subconsciously sabotaging it. This isn't the first time he has opened his mouth only to have the stock plummet. Remember, "I think the stock is valued way too high." Mike drop.
Get some therapy, bud.

A man so bright that he can put rockets and satellites into space, and land boosters on a dime. What I witnessed the other night, was a blithering shame.

All of his brightness, all of his innovation, all of his dedication, all of his climate-worthiness, all of his changing of the world, tarnished and diminished by a simple arrogant act of failure to consult and a severe lack of preparation.

Perhaps, like Aaron Rogers, Elon Musk should spend less time worrying about the government and making enemies, and focus on the task at hand.
I wish I was there, I would told Elon to shut his trap. But I wasn’t, so I drove from Vegas to Vandenberg to watch SpaceX launch 🚀 now I don’t give a damn about the share price. Go Elon!!!