Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gull Wing Doors

JayWY

Mar 10, 2021
Scottsdale
Before ordering my new 2021, I had heard the gull-wing doors would not open fully inside a garage but there was, according to the online manual, a setting that would override the partial closure and force a full opening of the doors. My garage has plenty of height to allow the gull-wing and the cargo door to open fully. It turns out, Tesla has removed the full-open feature. We've had 3 head smashes from partly open doors this week alone. The arrogance of Tesla in taking out features and not allowing consumer choices is unacceptable. No more Xs for me!

• Disagree
Reactions: glide

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC