TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gun Holster recommendation

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by adrianp89, Nov 4, 2019.

1. adrianp89

adrianp89 Member

Picking the car up on Saturday and curious to see if anyone has pictures of gun holsters and/or can recommend one and a good location in the car to put it.

2. glide

glide Active Member

The original “performance” seats in the model S had a great pocket sewn into the front of the seat.

In the model 3 you may want to look at one of the Hornady rapid safes mounted to the side of the console.

3. Joabe

Joabe Member

also interested

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

There is a fairly large compartment under the storage tray under the armrest part of the console and the area forward of the cupholders has an even larger compartment. Both of them are covered so items won't be in plain sight.

5. AdamVIP

AdamVIP Member

Someone just recently did a build thread where he had a nice mount off the lower center console. Im trying to find it but not having any luck.

6. Tres_Azul

Tres_Azul Member

Yup, don't remember which thread though. It was some type of Alien Gear mount that also integrated with the (IWB/OWB?) worn holster. Had to drill/screw into the center console to mount it there. Seemed pretty cool to slide off of waistband and onto console mount though too... Its probably fairly spendy as well...

7. 640k

640k Member

the only problem is, it's a lot of digging to get there. if you're in a position where you need it, this will not be ideal.

8. zrzrzrzr

zrzrzrzr Member

9. Led Jetson

Led Jetson Member

I love the storage areas in the center console. I just keep mine sitting pointing forward in my pocket holster in the forward storage bin and with one tap on that cover, the lid pops right open and my hand is right on it, and it is not openly visible that way.

• Like x 1
  10. Burrito

Burrito Member

Lol. This concept is so foreign to me living in NJ my whole life.

11. destructure00

destructure00 Active Member

I'm a fan of the simple magnetic mounts. I haven't put one in my 3 yet but had them in my previous cars. Attach to the knee bolster and the gun is fairly well hidden and in easy reach.

12. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Under the armrest, yea. Forward of the cupholders not so much.

13. Burrito

Burrito Member

how often are you guys "needing" your guns, i dont have a gun(very hard to get in NJ) and im not against it but i've also never been in a situation where i was like "i wish i had my gun in my car"

14. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Personally, I prefer having it on my person so that there's less concern about becoming separated from it in the event of a car accident or what have you. That said, aliengearholsters.com makes a ShapeShift Driver Defense holster that attaches to the seat without any modifications or alterations to the car and it looks pretty compelling.

15. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

At the risk of derailing this thread with a philosophical discussion, how often have you needed your seatbelt or your smoke detectors, a fire extinguisher, or your life insurance policy? I'm in my 50's and I've never needed any of those things, but I have them all and think they're all important.

We view such rarely needed things as necessary not because they're needed often but because of the severe downside of not having them if they are needed.

• Like x 3
  16. gigawatt1010

gigawatt1010 Member

Had a tough time looking for places where to mount mine, but finally decided to have a custom bumper house my ammo.

AM_guns.jpg

:D Sorry, nothing to contribute, but I couldn't resist.

• Funny x 3
  17. adrianp89

adrianp89 Member

Thanks for all the replies. Once I get the car Saturday I will get a better idea from some of your ideas!

And to how often do I need it - its been never and hopefully stays that way. But *IF* I do need it - I will be sure glad I have it. More importantly this is for my wife, where as she could be identified as an easier target than me.

18. Burrito

Burrito Member

didnt mean to sound like some leftist gun hating yankee. i'm all for it and protecting oneself, i've looked into myself but living in NJ is a huge hurdle so i assume everyone i encounter does NOT have a gun in NJ. probably a naive outlook but oh well

• Like x 1