Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gun ownership overflow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad to see the lengths gun nuts will go to in order to bring their precious along with them...

Jeff

I bought my daughter a Glock when she was born.

She’s too young to be nuts about it and won’t give two *sugar* about whether it’s precious or not.

It’s a future tool for her. One for her to have and hope to not need it.

Much better than her needing it and not having it.

Because I don't believe her eventual 5'5" inch, 100 lb frame is going to be sufficient for fighting off a 6'2" male who weighs 230 lbs on physical strength and jujitsu alone.

WTF wouldn't a father provide his daughter and children the means to defend themselves?

Yeah, it's called pepper spray... It's way easier to use, it's safer, oh and she won't kill any innocent bystanders trying to use it...

Jeff

Yeah, it's called pepper spray... It's way easier to use, it's safer, oh and she won't kill any innocent bystanders trying to use it...

Nowhere near as effective as a firearm, and unusable in many defense situations. Too short a range, can be overcome by an attacker and risk of blow back to the user.

Shooting innocent bystanders? There is usually no "bystanders" around when violence is done to a woman. In a mass violence situation, there are far bigger issues than the one legally armed person who is certified and trained on their tool.

I disagree, there are many options out there that don't include a deadly weapon... Keep it classy? Really? You think bringing along your gun is keeping it classy? LOL

I walk past thousands, on some days, tens of thousands of people where I "bring along my gun". I am polite and show class to all of them. There is no association between "class" and "guns". It's a tool in your pocket like a key, cell phone or flash light. Some you use more often than others.

IF ANYTHING, I would be more "classy" than your average joe because I'm in every single law enforcement database 10 times over.

That and I have to explain every little thing in my file. Even not making a full stop before turning against a red light with no pedestrian in the intersection by a camera. 3 years after the fact.

Last edited:
The California is strong in this one.

Sizable geographic regions of California are free. How much longer, who knows?

I know Tesla would rather not be here if it was possible.

Everybody laughed when we are at the Model Y unveiling and Elon talked about *sugar* not getting done here.

300px-California_Presidential_Election_Results_2016.svg.png

Because I don't believe her eventual 5'5" inch, 100 lb frame is going to be sufficient for fighting off a 6'2" male who weighs 230 lbs on physical strength and jujitsu alone.

WTF wouldn't a father provide his daughter and children the means to defend themselves?
I disagree, there are many options out there that don't include a deadly weapon... Keep it classy? Really? You think bringing along your gun is keeping it classy? LOL

Jeff

My comment “keep it classy” is a request for us all to engage in meaningful dialogue without disparaging others. I enjoy reading the posts and learning from others regardless of whether I personally agree or disagree.

I wish that were true. Then my next Tesla may have a decent paint job.

The part about not wanting to be in California is true.

Look at how well GF3 is progressing. Musk said it could never have been built in California.

I messed up a mods vacation with all the amount of angry ‘report posts’ of my California criticisms on why the state is unfriendly for manufacturing and why the paint sucks.

It devolved to posts betting if I was even college educated. I happily offered to take those bets because I could email them from my alumni account.

I look forward to the first painted car in Sparks.

Reactions: outdoors and glide
The part about not wanting to be in California is true.

Look at how well GF3 is progressing. Musk said it could never have been built in California.

I messed up a mods vacation with all the amount of angry ‘report posts’ of my California criticisms on why the state is unfriendly for manufacturing and why the paint sucks.

It devolved to posts betting if I was even college educated. I happily offered to take those bets because I could email them from my alumni account.

I look forward to the first painted car in Sparks.

Nevada would be a perfect place to build. I’m honestly not sure why they maintain the presence in CA that they do.

Designed by Tesla in California, made in Nevada.

So if leftists are allowed to attack us are we allowed to point out that that the left's arguments about rape, life of mother and incest are bogus when it comes to abortion?

I would be impressed if anyone could find legitimate statistics but we all know those cases are a tiny tiny minority and I am sure could be used to mirror nwdiver's article about how guns are not really about safety. Like abortion really is not about women's health at least not what is being pushed these days with abortion for convenience up till birth.

Guns save more lives than abortion, no way no how that can be argued. Even in those rare cases it saves a life it still takes one.

Ehh. I love statistics but I know how easily they can be manipulated to fit narratives. That argument is saying the odds appear higher that my daughter is “more likely” to use the fire arm to shoot her brother playing cops and robbers or shoot herself because she couldn’t get that last set of Justin Bieber tickets or something.

The problem with “statistics” like that is they lump people myself who always has

Maximum score on all firearm safety exams
Licensed CCW holder with immaculate personal records other than minor moving violations
Secure storage for all firearms not in use all the time.
No consumption of alcohol and medication in combination with firearms.

With those who

Use loaded shotguns as a door stop for their trailer.

Same shotgun they use the stock to swat mosquitoes with.

Same shotgun that is thrown into the back of their lifted truck when they go to shoot bottles while drinking moon shine and have phrases like “hold my beer” in their vernacular.

Or lump myself in with "baby daddies" smoking blunts, who leave their Saturday night specials out, playing xbox while letting their toddlers run unsupervised.

People who smugly link trash articles like the above remind me of my ex college room mate. He made some stupid ass facebook post about
"Couldn't be friends with a CCW holder because he's afraid of when they might "snap" and didn't want to be around when it happened."

Told his dumb ass he slept 15 ft away from a Glock when we shared a room for our junior and senior years and somehow managed to survive.

He probably felt inspired to make that post after reading that same article over his breakfast of pumpkin spice latte and avocado toast.

He likely later went on to "March for his life" while I did something productive like take my kids to an art museum, while armed, and while killing no one in the process.

Ehh. I love statistics but I know how easily they can be manipulated to fit narratives. That argument is saying the odds appear higher that my daughter is “more likely” to use the fire arm to shoot her brother playing cops and robbers or shoot herself because she couldn’t get that last set of Justin Bieber tickets or something.

The problem with “statistics” like that is they lump people myself who always has

Yes... clearly the statistics don't apply to you since you're a perfect human immune to accidents and depression. ;)

Yes... clearly the statistics don't apply to you since you're a perfect human immune to accidents and depression. ;)

No one is perfect - that’s a ridiculous bar, but if you replaced every gun owner that is careful as any TMC gun owners there would be more deaths from tide pod consumptions than firearms.

No one can be responsible for some one else’s depression nor can anyone be responsible for mine.

A fact that needs to be addressed for non firearm owners is that “accidents” are almost nil. Negligence yes, accidents no.

You can drop a glock off a table a hundred thousand times and it will not fire. If it would, that would be an accident.

“Firing” entails that

1.) Firearm is loaded
2.) Firearm is pointed in a direction that would result in possible destruction.
3.) Finger is inside the trigger guard
4.) Finger pushes the trigger with sufficient lbs of force to actuate the striking device.

I won’t make assumptions but many modern semi automatics also have triggers inside triggers or grip type safeties that require force from two directions to actuate the striker.

It takes an incredible amount of negligence to cause a firearm to “go off” and destroy something you did not tend to destroy.

Going to link some more out of context statistics that promote agendas?

Last edited:
No one is perfect - that’s a ridiculous bar, but if you replaced every gun owner that is careful as any TMC gun owners there would be more deaths from tide pod consumptions than firearms.

Very true... which is why the very low odds of an accident or suicide are statistically FAR outweighed by the very very low odds of a gun preventing a crime...

Even super safe gun owners are more likely to be a victim of their own gun than to use it to prevent a crime because as you said, 'No one is perfect' ;)