TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gun racks, secession and homologation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by teslasguy, Nov 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Sorry to break the news, but the inside word I've just received from a very high Tesla source is that due to the talks about Texas wanting to secede, all deliveries to Texas are halted immediately until they sort out the homologation issues. :tongue: :wink:

2. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

Homologation for Texas? Does that entail installing an ICE? :p

3. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

That would make me in the same boat as the European Sigs.

4. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

And a gun rack.

5. weccman

weccman Member

Oh no! You would be way behind the Europeans. There would be treaty issues to be worked out!

6. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Funny you mention that. I was thinking about that just today. e.g. getting my elderly father one for his pickup. I have not seen a gun rack in two centuries. I am guessing that it is an asking-for-trouble thing. I know this is not a delivery update, but consider it PTATDS (post traumatic anticipation of Tesla delivery syndrome)

7. Zextraterrestrial

I see them daily in Humboldt (and lots of dreads. Sometimes both in the same truck, rarely. )