Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gunmetal gemini

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have dropped off my geminis to get powder coated locally in Florida. They had a color similar to the color on the Uberturbines called Anthracite. They will also do a matte finish with it all totalling $125 a wheel. I will take pictures and upload them when completed. I showed the Aerocaps to the guy and he said that it would most likely scratch the finish so if I ever put them on I need to figure out how to protect the finish.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
I have dropped off my geminis to get powder coated locally in Florida. They had a color similar to the color on the Uberturbines called Anthracite. They will also do a matte finish with it all totalling $125 a wheel. I will take pictures and upload them when completed. I showed the Aerocaps to the guy and he said that it would most likely scratch the finish so if I ever put them on I need to figure out how to protect the finish.
Why would you put the covers back on to powdercoated wheels? Efficiency perhaps for a long trek?

Does the $125 / wheel also include dismount and remount/balance of the tires? Asking more out of idle curiosity regarding regional differences in services, I'm about as far away from FL as you can get in the CONUS.

Why would you put the covers back on to powdercoated wheels? Efficiency perhaps for a long trek?

Does the $125 / wheel also include dismount and remount/balance of the tires? Asking more out of idle curiosity regarding regional differences in services, I'm about as far away from FL as you can get in the CONUS.
Yeah I was thinking for a long trip, nothing planned yet but you never know. No it does not, I had everything unmounted already sitting in the garage.

Just got them yesterday so here is a teaser. I will try to have them installed this weekend and will take better pictures.

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_210556363.jpg
    PXL_20211207_210556363.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 1,228
Final product. I kinda wish the powder coater had a color that was a bit darker, but satisfied with the final product.
View attachment 743231
I've been back and forth between black and a gunmetal-ish color for a long time but I really like how this contrasts with the tires. Sometimes the wheels just got lost in the large wheel wells with black wheels.

What color exactly did you get? I wonder if there is a corresponding hyperdip color that I can use to test out the color myself.

I've been back and forth between black and a gunmetal-ish color for a long time but I really like how this contrasts with the tires. Sometimes the wheels just got lost in the large wheel wells with black wheels.

What color exactly did you get? I wonder if there is a corresponding hyperdip color that I can use to test out the color myself.
Exactly I felt like no one could see the induction wheels because it was lost in the shadows so I knew I didn't want black. Really liked the color of the Ubers and thought this was a pretty close color to that. Powder coater didn't have anything darker that wasn't black. This color is called anthracite with a matte finish. They do have a Hyperdip called Anthracite Grey but when I looked at the top of the can I thought it looked to close to the paint.

Reactions: PNWLeccy