Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guns, Gun Control Quarantine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that could have gone another way in an instan

But none of what you described happened or even close hence the video. No gun was needed, pepper spray or otherwise. If someone wants my car, if it means I can get out of a situation without using a gun, uh they can have it.

Severe legal problems and life problems abound when that gun comes out. You better be real sure of what you are shooting at and the whole reason why. That all takes thought, time and you may not have that. I would err on the side of anyone can have my car. Once that gun comes out and the shooting starts then you may be a victim of the police as well. Everyone thinks they can handle this(too many movies), when the time comes, without proper training, I highly doubt most will handle the situation well or at all.

But none of what you described happened or even close hence the video. No gun was needed, pepper spray or otherwise. If someone wants my car, if it means I can get out of a situation without using a gun, uh they can have it.

Severe legal problems and life problems abound when that gun comes out. You better be real sure of what you are shooting at and the whole reason why. That all takes thought, time and you may not have that. I would err on the side of anyone can have my car. Once that gun comes out and the shooting starts then you may be a victim of the police as well. Everyone thinks they can handle this(too many movies), when the time comes, without proper training, I highly doubt most will handle the situation well or at all.

Your correct in your assumption and for those of us that have a CHL, we have it drilled into our heads that if you pull that thing out, "it better be for a life threatening situation" and get your checkbook out. Another case in point is when the Arizona Representative was shot in the head there was a person who was carrying in the crowd. He decided that if he pulled his weapon out that he could have been confused with the perp and shot by the police and security. Carrying a weapon is something that we take seriously and yes they can have my car as well, but if I feel my life is threatened; you or me, then I would use it. In my case, 22 years military, military trained, CHL training and more, I feel responsible for my actions and have lots to lose in a law suit. If I was in charge, guns would be totally outlawed. If you go back to when the Right to Bare Arms was written it was a different time. No civilian needs an AR or any military style weapon. I don't think the framers of the Constitution had ARs in mind when they wrote it. You can agree or disagree, but taking a life will haunt you forever.

Someone with a CCL has to be the coolest cucumber in the bunch and let a lot of stuff slide off his back.

Background: On the 4th of July, 1993 the back of my brother's head was blown off by a punk kid The perp spent 11 years in prison for my brother's murder, got out and was dead within 3 years from a drug overdose (karma I guess). I come from a caring and public service oriented family and my nephew is now one of the most compassionate and caring deputies in my county with a Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice, (FL State thank you).

I don't lie to myself, I don't live in a crystal palace, I live in the real world and not everyone is handing out daisies. I am 21 year military veteran, some of that was L.E. and qualified in several military grade weapons and I train continually with what I own. And yes, thank you for your concern, I am well educated on the When and Where of the proper use of force and how to de-escalate a situation or when to Wait My Turn. Rule #1 my personal weapon is only allowed to see the light of day if I or those I care about are threatened with physical harm and then only to stop the threat. And NO I don't care to watch the crap out of Hollywood, I've seen too much Real World stuff up close and personal. Oh, and bye the way, Not all of us here are sheep some are Shepherds.

Simply knock on the window, ask how things are going. If they are disabled kindly ask them to put it in tow mode so you and others can push the disabled car out of the way. If it isn't disabled, simply ask them to move since there are people waiting to charge.

What is up with the hesitation to talk with people? Who knows why they were there or what they were doing unless we ask?
My expectation would be he'd be angry, maybe pull a gun, whatever. No end to the heavily-armed, intolerant jackazzes out there.

• Funny
Reactions: Sherlo
Not everyone who owns a firearm is a jackass or can't afford a Tesla. I'm SO sick of this idea that gun owners are mouth breathing idiots that keeps getting perpetuated.

That's more than a bit of a straw man, there. I don't think anybody even implied that everyone who owns a firearm is nuts or poor. Heck, half my extended family owns a firearm of some variety. But most people who are jackasses and are "heavily armed", which I interpret to mean "own a ridiculous number of firearms" usually can't afford a Tesla. :)

Mind you, I can think of a few exceptions to the last half of that sentence. Fortunately, they're not jackasses. :D

That's more than a bit of a straw man, there. I don't think anybody even implied that everyone who owns a firearm is nuts or poor. Heck, half my extended family owns a firearm of some variety. But most people who are jackasses and are "heavily armed", which I interpret to mean "own a ridiculous number of firearms" usually can't afford a Tesla. :)

Mind you, I can think of a few exceptions to the last half of that sentence. Fortunately, they're not jackasses. :D

You literally said that so how's it a straw man? It wasn't implied, it was directly stated w/o any need to read between any lines to come to a conclusion.

Again, if someone is "heavily armed" they probably have the buying power to buy several Teslas if they wanted to.

This is no different than the morons who group all Tesla owners into the same category as one or two pricks.

You don't like when people judge you as an individual based on one fact so don't do it to others.

Reactions: holmgang
You literally said that so how's it a straw man? It wasn't implied, it was directly stated w/o any need to read between any lines to come to a conclusion.

No, I literally did not say that.

No end to the heavily-armed, intolerant jackazzes out there.
Fortunately for us, most of those folks (heavily-armed, intolerant jackazzes) spend all of their money on firearms, so they can't afford Teslas.

You read what you wanted to read.

No, I literally did not say that.

You read what you wanted to read.

Orly? So guess in this quote:

Fortunately for us, most of those folks spend all of their money on firearms, so they can't afford Teslas. :D

When you said that "folks who spend all of their money on firearms couldn't afford a Tesla" you actually meant the opposite that they could afford them.

How is it I'm reading what I want and you didn't literally say that?

Take it easy... All of us make assumptions and generalities. Why does this have to be a stand your ground moment? Nothing to get overly excited about... Unless you are blocking the charging spot for no good reason. :mad:
Who's getting overly excited? I'm pointing out unprovoked comments against groups of people that are entirely off topic and unwarranted. I'm not excited at all. Just wish people would think before they speak and try to be a little more inclusive and less rude especially when it's completely w/o reason and not germane to the conversation.

I have a car gun magnet installed on my '18 charger SRT and once I have my order 'S' or cybertruck
I'm going to mount it either on the center console or under the seat.
Here's where I got it from, Best 7 Gun Magnets | MOTORING CRUNCH.

This seems scary !!!

Is there any regulation to have a gun carried in a box with a security lock like in a home so kids cannot play with it?

Also some buildings don't allow you to carry a gun, so what would you do with it in this case?
Would you keep it exposed in your car?

Best-car-gun-magnets.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.