Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guns, Gun Control Quarantine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems scary !!!

Is there any regulation to have a gun carried in a box with a security lock like in a home so kids cannot play with it?

Also some buildings don't allow you to carry a gun, so what would you do with it in this case?
Would you keep it exposed in your car?

Best-car-gun-magnets.jpg
Why is it scary? It’s not going to jump up and bother anyone.

If a building doesn’t allow you to carry you can leave it in your car. How you are able to do this really depends on the state you are in. Some allow you leave it laying on the front seat in plain view (not advisable). Others require you to lock it up.

Reactions: SMR514
Why is it scary? It’s not going to jump up and bother anyone.

If a building doesn’t allow you to carry you can leave it in your car. How you are able to do this really depends on the state you are in. Some allow you leave it laying on the front seat in plain view (not advisable). Others require you to lock it up.

My only concern about this particular mounting is that I prefer to have the trigger guard enclosed by whatever holster or mount that I use. That way, nothing will snag on the trigger, like an article of clothing or a shopping bag being maneuvered around. That’s just my preference.

Is there any regulation to have a gun carried in a box with a security lock like in a home so kids cannot play with it?

It would depend on the state but most do not.

It also kind of defeats the purpose, if you have to get inside a box to get your gun to protect yourself chances are you're dead already as rule #1 on reaching for a gun is you expect to, sadly, have to use it to defend your family and property, so timing is critical. A bullet is a lot faster than 911.

A little history shows us that kids would carry their guns to schools for practice, my how times have changed. Don't shield your kids from guns, that's the best way to guarantee a regrettable accident. Regardless of how you personally feel about them, tech your kids about guns, let them handle them, shoot them, respect and care for them. It's the safest way and not to mention great quality time and a lot of fun. If you're a parent, you know that curiosity can't be stopped. So make them less curious by educating them. Don't let them learn from video games and YouTube gangster videos because they will, in your absence.

I for one am far less worried about my daughter being victimized, she's been around guns all her life, is not a zealot, but is a safe, law abiding, practiced, respectful, gun carrying citizen.

Last edited:
I keep my firearm on me at all times. If, for some reason, I am going into a place where it is illegal for me to carry, I put it under my seat. My car is locked, it is a safe in itself. I am lucky in WA that signs carry very little weight of law and our RCW's clearly spell out where it is illegal to carry.

...Last time I remember this kind of tragedy was at San Francisco UPS center, where the staff got huge amount of packages to process, undergoing tremendous pressure so the stakes were high...
For this case, I think it's more about the availability of guns rather than work-related stress.

When it's work-related stress, a worker who goes postal usually is like a bomb and there would be more than 1 victim.

For this case, I think it's more about the availability of guns rather than work-related stress.

When it's work-related stress, a worker who goes postal usually is like a bomb and there would be more than 1 victim.
The gun didn't shoot the guy. The guy did! Doesn't matter if he used a gun, a knife, a car, a baseball bat, etc.

When will we assign blame to the criminal who actually did it?

Canada's new nationwide handgun sales ban went into effect Friday.

Why it matters: The ban is Canada's latest move to reduce gun violence and slow the number of handguns in circulation.

Details: The ban will bar anyone from buying, selling or transferring handguns within Canada, and it will stop people from bringing new handguns into the country, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in an announcement.

What he said: “Canadians have the right to feel safe in their homes, in their schools, and in their places of worship," Trudeau said in a statement.

• "With handgun violence increasing across Canada, it is our duty to take urgent action to remove these deadly weapons from our communities."
Something that will probably never happen in America because..well, it's in the Constitution.
I say fight to change that.
Thanks you Canada, and yeah, I may move there.

Canada's new nationwide handgun sales ban went into effect Friday.

Why it matters: The ban is Canada's latest move to reduce gun violence and slow the number of handguns in circulation.

Details: The ban will bar anyone from buying, selling or transferring handguns within Canada, and it will stop people from bringing new handguns into the country, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in an announcement.

What he said: “Canadians have the right to feel safe in their homes, in their schools, and in their places of worship," Trudeau said in a statement.

• "With handgun violence increasing across Canada, it is our duty to take urgent action to remove these deadly weapons from our communities."
Something that will probably never happen in America because..well, it's in the Constitution.
I say fight to change that.
Thanks you Canada, and yeah, I may move there.
I love how Americans think they can just “move” to Canada. Like it’s no big deal and will accept all applicants. Best of luck with that immigration process.

Reactions: whisperingshad
There’s theory and then there’s practice. 👀
View attachment 889829
Such as guns are only to be used in a well-regulated militia to defend individual States from the Federal Government?

Second Amendment​

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Such as guns are only to be used in a well-regulated militia to defend individual States from the Federal Government?

Second Amendment​

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
K. I’m not taking the bait on shoddy interpretations of 2A so let’s get back to how awesome Twitter is now that the witches were dragged out kicking and screaming.

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit and Wilber

Second Amendment​

They always seem to miss that well-regulated-militia part. Not sure why. We've got the army reserves - anyone who wants to can enlist and they will literally give you guns and teach you to use them....

They always seem to miss that well-regulated-militia part. Not sure why. We've got the army reserves - anyone who wants to can enlist and they will literally give you guns and teach you to use them....
Twisting words around and disingenuously pretending they mean the the opposite of what they plainly do pretty much defines the tribe.

Because @ZenRockGarden, even though the sentence is perfectly clear and unambiguous, it does contain a very slight grammatical error. And you know the rules, any typo, no matter how insignificant, invalidates the entire document. So yes, even though 2A was obviously intended to regulate weapons (as indicated by the word "regulate"), you can just ignore the whole thing and carry nuclear bombs into stadiums or whatever you want, because the grammar wasn't quite perfect.

Because @ZenRockGarden, even though the sentence is perfectly clear and unambiguous, it does contain a very slight grammatical error. And you know the rules, any typo, no matter how insignificant, invalidates the entire document. So yes, even though 2A was obviously intended to regulate weapons, you can just ignore the whole thing and carry nuclear bombs into stadiums or whatever you want, because there was a comma out of place.

We're far off topic here, but I agree. No one thinks we should hand out nukes to the public, but somehow it still means assault rifles should be given to untrained teenagers with no supervision. It's.... silly. And sad.

OK. So now about making Twitter into something that honors Elon's better-self when he's not playing internet-troll-king...?

I must be in the lone category of finding chameleon look unflattering...

Well tbh, I quite like the look of it, but would never do it because:

• I'm too lazy
  • I have a lot of other things I need to finish
  • I'm too cheap
  • I want to stay as stock as possible so some gun toting lunatic doesn't recognise my car from when I accidentally cut him off three days earlier, even though he'd already forgotten about it

Reactions: DukeofURL
Well tbh, I quite like the look of it, but would never do it because:

• I'm too lazy
  • I have a lot of other things I need to finish
  • I'm too cheap
  • I want to stay as stock as possible so some gun toting lunatic doesn't recognise my car from when I accidentally cut him off three days earlier, even though he'd already forgotten about it
Don't fall for the media narrative, not all those who "tote guns" are lunatics.

Don't fall for the media narrative, not all those who "tote guns" are lunatics.

Totally off-topic, but definitely true. I would say the overwhelming majority of those who "tote guns" are not lunatics.

Beware of leaders that want to disarm the population. Those same leaders drown our nation in debt, allow companies to enslave an entire generation with opioids and vapes, help destroy the health of millions of people, and give credit to GM for electrifying the auto industry.

"But guns"... guns kill tens of thousands annually in the US (a very small number compared to heart disease, cancer, diabetes), but the overwhelming majority are self-inflicted or gang violence... and most of them are handguns.

Yet every instance of gun violence gets front-page headlines. Especially anything that can be used to make assault rifles or the police force look bad. The real reason is that an armed population is the only thing holding our leaders truly accountable.

If they could forcefully disarm us they would. Since they can't, they're teaching our children that "guns are bad, mmmkay"... and it'll work. In a generation or two we'll be a nation in bondage.

• Informative
Reactions: whisperingshad
Status
Not open for further replies.