Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gurgling bubbling sounds from my 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noted this the entire 3 years I had my 2015 85 D. I always thought it was normal and remember hearing it in my previous Camry Hybrid. So far have not heard it in my 2018 100 D, but bought that the end of September and haven’t used the A/C much since then here in Indiana.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
I used to hear that noise in my Tesla Model S 60D. Since I'm the sort of person who is very bothered by gurgling noises, it is no surprise that this very much bothered me; that is a checkmark for that status. But I always considered it a "normal" part of the operation of a Tesla, despite something I very much wish they would have designed out of it. For instance, they could sound insulate that gurgling somehow. (Maybe some vacuum insulation between it and us?)

I used to hear that noise in my Tesla Model S 60D. Since I'm the sort of person who is very bothered by gurgling noises, it is no surprise that this very much bothered me; that is a checkmark for that status. But I always considered it a "normal" part of the operation of a Tesla, despite something I very much wish they would have designed out of it. For instance, they could sound insulate that gurgling somehow. (Maybe some vacuum insulation between it and us?)

I'm OCD so as long as I know it's not something about to break or fail, I can live with it. I'd rather it not be there, but since mine's gone away with warmer weather, I will just take it in stride. Mode meds if it's not. :(

Reactions: Ulmo
I'm OCD so as long as I know it's not something about to break or fail, I can live with it. I'd rather it not be there, but since mine's gone away with warmer weather, I will just take it in stride. Mode meds if it's not. :(
I had this problem on my 2015 70D. It would happen most often in cooler weather.

A few months ago, I received a "coolant low" alert. I found a leak in the 4-way valve. I replaced the valve, topped off the coolant, and haven't heard the gurgling since.

This could of course be a coincidence because the weather is now warmer.

But the sound I was hearing was consistent with air in a coolant line, so I wouldn't be surprised if a low coolant level is causing your issue.

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
Sorry if I am bumping a super old thread. I got the same gurgling sound when heat is on. The tech found out is an actuator behind the dash that’s on its way out. The actuator is responsible for directing air to the feet. Tesla even had the same sound recorded inside their database. So is a known issue. FYI

This makes a lot of sense on mine since I barely get any heat on feet. Can you send me a copy of the invoice so I can tell my SC how to fix it. They are terrible at diagnosing things. Thanks. [email protected]

Reactions: supratachophobia