Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gvwr of model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Model X is built on an aluminum frame, aluminium suspension and aluminum body panels. Y may not end up all that much lighter.

A 6,000 GVW weight would reduce my net cost of the car by around 50%. (I pay a lot of taxes :(

A model 3 gross weight is 4,800. 1,200 more for few inches in height and length would be a lot.

I pay a lot of taxes also. So I own multiple properties and write them off.:D

Hey guys, any updates on this? I've been looking for a future vehicle that falls into this category for business use.
Model 3 weights are:
4,542 to 5,073 lbs
Anticipating a 10% increase in mass for the model Y:
4,996.2 to 5,580.3 lbs

None of this assumes a 3rd row. GVWR includes all passengers. If factoring a 3rd row, effectively adding 2 passengers, we may see an additional 190 lbs per seat which may or may not include additional safety features and hardware. That ultimately brings the maximum guess of GVWR to just over 5960 lbs! Very similar to the size and weight of the MS, which makes sense to me, design-wise. At the very least, the 3rd row seats will make it close, but it still falls under the 6000 requirement for the deduction, by my calculation.

Hey guys, any updates on this? I've been looking for a future vehicle that falls into this category for business use.
Model 3 weights are:
4,542 to 5,073 lbs
Anticipating a 10% increase in mass for the model Y:
4,996.2 to 5,580.3 lbs

None of this assumes a 3rd row. GVWR includes all passengers. If factoring a 3rd row, effectively adding 2 passengers, we may see an additional 190 lbs per seat which may or may not include additional safety features and hardware. That ultimately brings the maximum guess of GVWR to just over 5960 lbs! Very similar to the size and weight of the MS, which makes sense to me, design-wise. At the very least, the 3rd row seats will make it close, but it still falls under the 6000 requirement for the deduction, by my calculation.

I hope if it gets that close Tesla adds 50 lbs of something.

Reminds me of a recall Lexus did for GX one year and lowered the weight to just below 6k. I had to return it , salesman was not happy

Newbie here... Also very curious if the 3rd row bumps the GVWR to the magic 6K mark. I'm on my 3rd Explorer in a row because Explorers are and as a small biz owner, it just makes sense. The X sadly is out of my price range and I don't know that I want to wait 3 years for a Cyber Truck!

Newbie here... Also very curious if the 3rd row bumps the GVWR to the magic 6K mark. I'm on my 3rd Explorer in a row because Explorers are and as a small biz owner, it just makes sense. The X sadly is out of my price range and I don't know that I want to wait 3 years for a Cyber Truck!

It's not even close, and doubt the 3rd row seat tops it to 6K.
Screenshot_20200813-200649_Drive.jpg