Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

h is this part in in center console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am doing the center console retrofit replacing the yacht floor with the big console that comes in the new cars. Anyway I always wondered what that little vent looking part was down by the USB ports. When I took it all apart I noticed it was a little fan. I googled the number on it and didn't find anything. What the hell is this thing?
I was thinking it could be the cabin temp sensor but the car is still reporting the correct temp with it being unplugged for like 12+ hours.
I know it will go back upon reassembly, but I just wanna know what it is.

P_20210822_084123.jpg
P_20210822_084045.jpg
P_20210822_084139.jpg
P_20210822_084149.jpg

Probably an AQI , air quality sensor , detects overall temp , humidity and some can feature a cheap and simple beam based particle detected for PM detection (particle).
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the air temps. because today I got in my car after lunch and it was like a zillion degrees inside definitely hotter than it would be on a 115f day with the cabin overheat kicking on. Since my retrofit of the center console is in a holding pattern, (though I had all the parts but am missing 2 parts that haven't arrived at the SC yet) I'm gonna hook it up and just let it hang out on the floor.

Reactions: DerbyDave