Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

H&R Springs. No Clear Cut Answer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stealth and cannot find an H&R springs for it. Even when I go directly to their site, it suggests part number 28659-1 which is for the AWD performance. 1.2" drop whci his what I want but the performance model is lower than my stealth.... I'm just confused and need help. Thanks!

On H&R, yes. Tesla, not at all. Suspension part numbers are different for LR AWD and AWD Performance from Tesla.... This is why I'm concerned H&R are using the same exact part number for these 2 different suspensions.

The Stealth is basically an AWD model with performance software. So if you own a stealth, you'll need to order the AWD version of the springs. However if you choose to go springs I'd recommend you go with Eibach.

The Stealth is basically an AWD model with performance software. So if you own a stealth, you'll need to order the AWD version of the springs. However if you choose to go springs I'd recommend you go with Eibach.
Yes I understand, again. I understand. I know a stealth is nothing more then an AWD LR with the performance software. What I've been trying to say is.....

AWD LR (STEALTH) uses Tesla Spring part number "A" while the AWD Performance uses Tesla Spring part number "B". Different part numbers because they are NOT the same springs. Yet, H&R AWD LR and Performance spring part numbers are exactly the same. Please tell me you understand what I'm trying to point out. I'm concerned that H&R uses the same part number on these 2 different cars but Tesla does not.

Also, I've seen nothing but good reviews for Eibach and not much in H&R. Why would you choose one over the other? I only wanted H&R because they drop a tad lower and aren't Unplugged brand. :)

AWD LR (STEALTH) uses Tesla Spring part number "A" while the AWD Performance uses Tesla Spring part number "B". Different part numbers because they are NOT the same springs.
I think what you may be missing is Tesla has different part numbers because they ARE different springs. The performance models are lower than the AWD and they use different length springs to make that happen.
In H&Rs case, it lowers both the same height so they can use the same spring.

Reactions: boostftw
I think what you may be missing is Tesla has different part numbers because they ARE different springs.
???????

Missing? I think I mentioned that same this here
*On H&R, yes. Tesla, not at all. Suspension part numbers are different for LR AWD and AWD Performance from Tesla...."
And again here
"AWD LR (STEALTH) uses Tesla Spring part number "A" while the AWD Performance uses Tesla Spring part number "B". Different part numbers because they are NOT the same springs."

I know the performance models are lower. They have different spring part numbers as I've mentioned twice, now 3 times. I'm aware. The part numbers are different and the car is lower.

Nevermind. Im being trolled here.... I have to be.

• Funny
Reactions: anti
Not sure why you are still confused?

The clear cut answer to your question is if you decide to go for H&R your part number is 28659-1

Yes, Tesla has 2 different part numbers for AWD and PERFORMANCE. The spring coil is different but the same shock dampers are used on both models. The battery pack (weight) and shock are the same so that's why H&R developed the same spring for both vehicles.

Reactions: Cyclone1 and jmaddr
I have these H&R springs for my M3P when it arrives in a couple of weeks. Happy with the pics of the cars fitted with these and that they give an equal drop to the front and rear.

The springs you currently have fitted on your AWD as you correctly say are a different Tesla part number, meaning your car will sit higher than an M3P, but I think the shocks are the same. By fitting the H&R 28659-1 springs it will drop your car to the same level as my M3P once fitted, so in effect you will see a larger drop than I would overall (drop is 30mm on an M3P, so your car will drop 30mm plus the difference between an M3P and AWD, so 40mm).

Hope that makes sense.