TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hack: get your license plate early for HOV registration

Discussion in 'California' started by tdiggity, Apr 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

A week after I got my car, I got a parking ticket. The ticket had my license plate on it, but at the time I thought it was the meter maid just writing random letters down to scare me. A few weeks later my plates came and they matched what was on the ticket.

No, I'm not saying get a ticket to get the info...I'm saying that you can ask a meter maid to look up your plates and if they are nice they'll help you out by looking them up. Then you can apply for the HOV stickers a little earlier.

2. wq2345

wq2345 Member

At nearly a year old, I'm sure no one monitors this thread, but as someone who has applied & received his share of HOV stickers (about 10-15 sets for myself & family) over the years - this hack is certainly intriguing. Gonna try it when I get my Model S!

Go Green_________________________________________________________
    Future: S85, Black/Black, Leather, Tech, parking sensors, subzero package
    Currently: 2013 Toyota RAV4EV, 2011 Nissan Leaf, 9.95kW Solar on roof since '09
    Formerly: 2000 Honda Civic GX, 2000 Toyota Camry CNG, 2008 MiniE, 2012 BMW ActiveE