TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hacked? Boot me to Africa!?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nick Deng, May 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nick Deng

Nick Deng Member

IMG_3534.JPG Google map reboot? and I showed up in Africa!

Attached Files:

2. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

Well you won't be able to charge it there. Better teleport the car back.

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Festerfeet

Festerfeet Member

Tesla needs a different VPN server!

4. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

I grew up in that area but I've never seen the Mozambique map upside down like that.

I think the last time I've been to Mosambique was before GPS, which would explain it, since I would have only used a North-Up map then.

Still. It's disturbing.

• Like x 1
  5. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

Had a similar problem with my S. It would occasionally place my location as 'middle of the south Atlantic ocean'. The issue was a short in the GPS antenna. Took about 5 SC visits before they finally diagnosed the cause and fixed it, since it would only occasionally happen.

• Informative x 1
  6. Nick Deng

Nick Deng Member

Not just that, but due to that the scheduled 1205am charging did not work so left the car empty. Called the service support, cleared all addresses I went from the map memory, unplug all usb items and reset the infotainment center screen (program bug) to get back to normal... No teleport-(

7. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

Thats when you need to enter the 007 code and turn the car into a Bond submarine

• Funny x 1
  8. Nick Deng

Nick Deng Member

Map getting slow when more places I go, big ipad loading slow, web slow... the system maybe made cheap, no as good as the real ipad... Linux code base, bad memory flash code etc.

• Disagree x 1
  9. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.42.2

@Bjorn did a video showing how clearing out the previous destinations will speed things up again. Hopefully they will add a Delete All option one of these days.

10. LegalCounsel

LegalCounsel Member