Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hackrod and the Tesla drivetrain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this yet?

MicroVentures | Invest in Hackrod

Really interesting idea to 3D print an aluminum chassis designed by AI.

And toss out traditional automobile manufacturing methods. Watch the video on the link above.

They're trying to raise just over $1m, but I think it's going to take them A LOT more than that.

Will be interesting to watch their progress.

upload_2018-2-23_9-21-11.png

I wonder if one of the real futures in 3D printing metals and plastics won’t be to make replacement parts for vehicles. Your car needs a new driver’s side door panel. The shop punches in the part number and the printer produces the panel. No need for inventory, and shipping, and a two week wait for the part to be shipped from China. Only inventory for the shop are the beads for the printer. Paint the piece. Et voila! And if using plastic panels, could add the colour right into the material.

I wonder if one of the real futures in 3D printing metals and plastics won’t be to make replacement parts for vehicles. Your car needs a new driver’s side door panel. The shop punches in the part number and the printer produces the panel. No need for inventory, and shipping, and a two week wait for the part to be shipped from China. Only inventory for the shop are the beads for the printer. Paint the piece. Et voila! And if using plastic panels, could add the colour right into the material.

The ISS has a 3D printer and has been making parts for over a year. Very handy when delivery times are measured in months.