Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had a blast at the Speedway!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a great time today at Fuchs Speedway in Portland. It was the opening of their season which was called 'Show and Go'. We did a few quick drags - my son, Alan & I and it was exhilarating fun.
Lots of people had no idea what this car was, but there were a few who knew. A lot had a read of the display I had printed off and asked many questions.
When we had done a couple of runs , the guy doing the starts suggested he rig up the timers just for us. It wasn't planned to do timed runs but he was so impressed he need to know how we would go.

So Alan and I each had a drag on our own, there was no direct competition as it hadn't been planned and there was no Ambulance in attendance.

Fuchs_Raceway_2a.jpg

The Show (over 100 cars attended)
Fuchs_Raceway_1.jpg

and GO!!

GPS speed didn't work properly for the dashcam.

This was my run ....

and this was Alan's.

We are both novices having never been to a drag strip before - Alan raced with his window down, a bit noisy on the clip but he didn't realize until he'd finished his run :)
It was a great day!!

My racing ticket. I don't know how these times compare to other P85D's but he reckoned we'd win any race in our class. Charge was down to about 80% when we finished Alan's timed run.
Ludicrous ........ hmmmmmm, still don't know, so tempted tho'.:cool:
Drag_Time_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a great time today at Fuchs Speedway in Portland. It was the opening of their season which was called 'Show and Go'. We did a few quick drags - my son, Alan & I and it was exhilarating fun.
Lots of people had no idea what this car was, but there were a few who knew. A lot had a read of the display I had printed off and asked many questions.
When we had done a couple of runs , the guy doing the starts suggested he rig up the timers just for us. It wasn't planned to do timed runs but he was so impressed he need to know how we would go.

So Alan and I each had a drag on our own, there was no direct competition as it hadn't been planned and there was no Ambulance in attendance.

View attachment 97321
The Show (over 100 cars attended)
View attachment 97323
and GO!!

GPS speed didn't work properly for the dashcam.

This was my run ....

and this was Alan's.

We are both novices having never been to a drag strip before - Alan raced with his window down, a bit noisy on the clip but he didn't realize until he'd finished his run :)
It was a great day!!

My racing ticket. I don't know how these times compare to other P85D's but he reckoned we'd win any race in our class. Charge was down to about 80% when we finished Alan's timed run.
Ludicrous ........ hmmmmmm, still don't know, so tempted tho'.:cool:
View attachment 97324

Sounds Exciting.... that is exactly what I have never done and would love to try myself in my P85D that's coming this week hopefully... I will be getting Ludicrous mode though. I saw the P90D vs P85D video recently and it just confirmed my decision: Tesla Model S P90D Ludicrous vs Tesla Model S P85D Insane Drag Race - YouTube

Your posts keep me excited Brewster. :)

Last edited by a moderator: