Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had a SR+ for 7 days, returned it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree with you on that. Unless someone really diagnose the problem can show positively it is software issue, we can't assume this is some software issue. To me, based on description of the problem, some kind of connector issue between Screen MCU. Its Tesla responsibility to figure that out and fix it asap.

But unfortunately, it is not just Tesla, I ran into similar issues many manufacturers. Esp with random issues it is more, so I would not just say Tesla is any worst than other manufacturers in this aspect.

Few years ago, one of my friends brand new Suzuki car, suddenly dead at intersections, sometime does not start at all, This is all random. Dealer keeps car for a week, and gives back saying they did not see any problem. He got so frustrated, and prepared for big loss trade-in. I suggested him to leave the car with me for few days during his vacation and I started driving it. Over couple of weeks, I ran into problem and it turns out not a problem with Fuel pump/injectors or ignition coil, it is bad crank angle sensor.( I had some gadgets to check these things). We replaced that crank angle sensor and that car still running like champ after more than decade now.
Why not?

Is a model 3 with a repacement battery pack not as good as a new one from factory? What do I need to know or watch out for here?

I don’t expect to be comp’d, as a long term TSLA stock owner, I’m not looking to screw over them company.

Just want what I paid for, a functioning Model 3.

Do you all not see this is Tesla’s own doing? It’s not me the buyer, returning perfectly good cars for fun!

Put out some Quality cars Tesla! I’m at 0/2!

My model 3 #1 would have been lemon law’d, it had 1 unsuccessful (maybe counted as 2 repair request) repair for faulty touchscreen. 3 more unsuccessful firmware/software repair would qualify for lemon law return. #1 was almost certainly going down this path, in someways I didn’t want that for that car or Tesla. Thus, I choose the 7day refund.

I’m almost at the end of my patience with Tesla, and if you read all of my postings this thread, most of you would say I’ve given Tesla more than a fair shot.

For fun, here’s #2 on flat bed. 197 miles on it, at Burbank service center. :(

View attachment 415806
Hey we are all with you here man and we feel your pain. As others have said, I hand it to you that you even gave Tesla a second chance. Now I feel so bad for you that the second car has also become a problem. You certainly get the patience award! Hope you can get some satisfaction soon. Keep us up to date.

Reactions: jamessmooth007
I didn’t follow @SantaMonicaBum’s explanation of why Tesla wouldn’t provide a loaner car. What’s that about? Having to take Uber everywhere is ridiculous.

I was told by Nick the Burbank service advisor that they had no loaner cars available. Enterprise rental car has office at Burbank dealership/service center location, but was told they are undergoing contact negotiations, thus no rental available right now. Best they can do is give me Uber vouchers.

I do have another car and 2 motorcycle to ride, but that’s not exactly the point. I bought and paid for a Tesla. (Actually bought 2). I want to experience model 3 trouble free as most of you all have.

Nick called with status today, definitely a battery pack replacement, no ETA. Was told my car is so newly built with new battery pack, that they don’t have any in stock as replacement parts. Good job Tesla! :confused:

Nick said he will try to get me a rental or loaner, after I said ubering is not my preference. but if I want anything else, such as buybacks or another car, he can’t /won’t help me, I’ll have to go to sales dept myself. Great service Tesla! :rolleyes:

I was told by Nick the Burbank service advisor that they had no loaner cars available.

Tesla has thousands of loaner cars across the country. They sold you a brand new car that has failed (twice now). They need to “find” you a loaner car and stop making excuses. If they need to borrow one from another service center and drive it to your house that’s their problem, not yours. Personally I wouldn’t be nearly as patient as you are being with them.

Tesla has thousands of loaner cars across the country. They sold you a brand new car that has failed (twice now). They need to “find” you a loaner car and stop making excuses. If they need to borrow one from another service center and drive it to your house that’s their problem, not yours. Personally I wouldn’t be nearly as patient as you are being with them.

So I called the Pasadena store and asked to speak with whoever my owner advisor is, got a Josh,1st time talking to him, and he said he’ll get me loaner Tesla from the Burbank location and talk to Nick. Still waiting. What would you do OCR1?

Ugh, sorry to hear all you're going through, @SantaMonicaBum. Kudos to you for being as patient as you have been thus far.

I may have missed this upthread, but does the service manager know the full extent of your issues? Seems to me that Tesla needs to get you a Tesla loaner post-haste.

Reactions: super20g
Why not?

Is a model 3 with a repacement battery pack not as good as a new one from factory? What do I need to know or watch out for here?

I don’t expect to be comp’d, as a long term TSLA stock owner, I’m not looking to screw over them company.

Just want what I paid for, a functioning Model 3.
Just be aware that, while dropping the pack in a Model S or X is a pretty simple task for a service center and carries virtually no downsides when done correctly, removing the battery from a Model 3 requires removal of much of the car's interior to expose bolts that run through the floor pan and into the battery from the top down.

• Informative
Reactions: super20g
Wonder if they assumed the M3 battery would not have to come out often.
The Model S was designed to allow automated battery swaps at special stations. The idea being that you would swap batteries in 5 minutes instead of charging for 30. They even had a pilot station for a bit. I assume the X borrowed enough of the S design to copy the ability to remove the battery from entirely underneath. They obviously felt no need to keep that ability in the 3.

• Informative
Reactions: FourOhFour
@SantaMonicaBum

The only way for you to get any unluckier is be the first Model 3 with a yellowing screen.

Once you get a working Tesla you will forget all the pain I am sure.

These are dream machines to own and drive.

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Nick called with status today, definitely a battery pack replacement, no ETA. Was told my car is so newly built with new battery pack, that they don’t have any in stock as replacement parts. Good job Tesla! :confused:

Nick said he will try to get me a rental or loaner, after I said ubering is not my preference. but if I want anything else, such as buybacks or another car, he can’t /won’t help me, I’ll have to go to sales dept myself. Great service Tesla! :rolleyes:
I know talking *sugar* about Tesla is popular on here, but it is exceedingly common for a new car to have limited replacement parts. This is true across all manufacturers.

And yes, if you want a buyback you need to run it up the chain.