Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had great vacations with my S !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As usual (mostly because of my mother in law and my wife) we rented a chalet for 1 week for the vacations. It's a different chalet each year.
  • 2 years ago I brought my Zero S to the chalet and charged with a outlet in the basement through a window. I used it to got home a few times, it was only 25 km away.
  • Last year I went to the chalet with my Leaf and used it for the daily activities, I had to be careful as I wasn't safe charging on the bedroom outlet this time and limited the amps to 7. It took 30 hours to fully charge, but everything went well.
  • This year I went with the Model S ! More battery is sooooo much more easier, really happy ! I didn't really need to charge at the chalet but there was an exterior outlet with DDFT and dedicated breaker, so I charged at 12 amps. My car was almost full everyday ! I was surprised with the speed, of course I never had to charge from an empty battery. We went at several places everyday and I did not worry about the SOC level.
I also had a privileged parking spot at one place, the guy immediately recognized the Tesla ! Pointing me to the right direction. Oh and I also discovered that the stroller fitted in the frunk, thanks to my 2014 model! So it was not an issue fitting everything and everyone inside (I have to say I need to fit my cat with its cage and the litter which is pretty big). I also brought my son's mattress. It was much harder with my previous Leaf.

I also had the chance to show my Tesla to friends, one woman in particular is really interested in the Tesla, so I introduced her to the EV world. She just gave birth so she will not buy anytime soon but possibly in a few years. I think I really convinced her, she was really interested in a particular used Tesla for sale.

I had zero issue during that time, I'm really happy with the Tesla and I plan to keep it for 10 years.