Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had her a week now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a 550 mile round trip from Durham to Cambridge, and my M3LR was safely tucked up on my drive. I had spent some time following the “Tesla” forums and long story short it was all the info there that pushed me to buy a model 3. There seems to be quite a bit of negativity around the forums so I thought I would add my view of Tesla ownership after a little over a week. I am retired and have had over the years quite some experience with the buzz of “change of car day”. On the “buzzyness” factor Tesla scores well; it’s refreshing, different, and fast. It did have niggles, a slow puncture, I couldn’t get my SSD drive to function with dash cam and a large music collection and theSOS emergency call wasn’t working. Apart from that all good. A week on, everything is fixed, and I have to say I am very happy with the car. The turn of pace is just lush, but I think perhaps more than that is simply that rather nice space I find myself sat in. Quite like regenerative braking too. The car is washed, polished and waxed. Am I happy I took the punt - yes, very.

I’ve had mine nearly three years. It has the odd Marmite moment but generally the sheer simplicity of hopping in with phone entry and driving off, is a pleasure.
I added a large SSD drive for music and dashcam. Although the USB is supposedly searchable as a media source, searching and playing from it by voice command has never worked. I have premium connectivity and just play what I want from Spotify.
Others will have different views, but I’ve found that a long journey in the Tesla is the least tiring of any other car I’ve owned.
Like you, I’m retired and I charge at home when convenient rather than of necessity.
As it stands it’s a good car. It just has so much thus far missed potential to be a great car. Software changes could sort that with ease.
Enjoy it!