TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Had to go back to the dark side....for a day....

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Alysashley79, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    I had Xpel Ultimate put on my car about 45 days ago and there was a very small bubble on the frunk that never went away. My installer said he would replace the piece in full and would do all 4 doors and quarter panels for 50% off for the trouble. (We initially only had a full front and full bumper done, but had decided that because of where we live we would get the rest done when we could afford it) anyhow lest I digress...

they provided me with a ICE...which I haven't driven since November 14th. I took the keys stopped at Starbucks sort of excited at the prospect of being able to sip my coffee and drive home (no food or drink allowed in our girl) I get out at Starbucks my kids get out and I start to walk towards the door and my 7 year old son says. Uh mommy aren't you going to turn the car off? I look back and realize that I have in fact left the car running and the keys in it. Another reason why tesla is so much better!!

It took me driving this car to realize what a wonderful piece of machinery Elon has crafted for us! I am so grateful that I have myself this car to drive daily!!! And that I no longer am stuck with an ICE when I push on the throttle she flies and when I let off she slows. She's an amazing piece of machinery. I received my license plate and the. First three letters...AOM.... AMAZING OPERATING MACHINE
  2. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Greendale, Wisconsin
    Did the same thing today, had to move my poor neglected beaten xterra so I could clear snow.. got out after moving it, cleared the snow and went in the house, realized 2 hrs later truck still running when a frigid breeze blew the exhaust past my picture window and I had to see what the heck that was!
  3. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Northern California
    Although I don't yet own a model s, the way the model s works when it comes to unlocking->starting->stopping->locking->walking away is awesome
    you can just leave the fob in the pocket and not have to fumble it around all the time. Such a hassle free experience, extremely awesome feature of the model s!
  4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Sonoma, California
    Same thing here, went out Xmas eve around the corner and took the ICE. About 10 minutes after I parked someone came in and said we had left the lights on. My wife proceeded to lambast me for forgetting to shut them off, and I said why do I have to do that not necessary on the Tesla.
  5. Phillymomof4

Phillymomof4 Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I actually accidentally leave my Prius on regularly because I always push "park" thinking I've turned it off, and I walk away, and since the car is silent, I don't notice that I haven't turned it off. I once left it on for SIX HOURS while I was at a conference. Another time I left it running for three hours on a very populated street in Philadelphia, with hundreds of people walking by not noticing that it was in fact on and running and unlocked. If it had been my Tesla I probably would have freaked out. But since Priuses are a dime a dozen, I guess no one even looked twice.