Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had to go back to the dark side....for a day....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Xpel Ultimate put on my car about 45 days ago and there was a very small bubble on the frunk that never went away. My installer said he would replace the piece in full and would do all 4 doors and quarter panels for 50% off for the trouble. (We initially only had a full front and full bumper done, but had decided that because of where we live we would get the rest done when we could afford it) anyhow lest I digress...

they provided me with a loaner...an ICE...which I haven't driven since November 14th. I took the keys stopped at Starbucks sort of excited at the prospect of being able to sip my coffee and drive home (no food or drink allowed in our girl) I get out at Starbucks my kids get out and I start to walk towards the door and my 7 year old son says. Uh mommy aren't you going to turn the car off? I look back and realize that I have in fact left the car running and the keys in it. Another reason why tesla is so much better!!

It took me driving this car to realize what a wonderful piece of machinery Elon has crafted for us! I am so grateful that I have myself this car to drive daily!!! And that I no longer am stuck with an ICE when I push on the throttle she flies and when I let off she slows. She's an amazing piece of machinery. I received my license plate and the. First three letters...AOM.... AMAZING OPERATING MACHINE

Did the same thing today, had to move my poor neglected beaten xterra so I could clear snow.. got out after moving it, cleared the snow and went in the house, realized 2 hrs later truck still running when a frigid breeze blew the exhaust past my picture window and I had to see what the heck that was!

Although I don't yet own a model s, the way the model s works when it comes to unlocking->starting->stopping->locking->walking away is awesome
you can just leave the fob in the pocket and not have to fumble it around all the time. Such a hassle free experience, extremely awesome feature of the model s!

Same thing here, went out Xmas eve around the corner and took the ICE. About 10 minutes after I parked someone came in and said we had left the lights on. My wife proceeded to lambast me for forgetting to shut them off, and I said why do I have to do that not necessary on the Tesla.

I actually accidentally leave my Prius on regularly because I always push "park" thinking I've turned it off, and I walk away, and since the car is silent, I don't notice that I haven't turned it off. I once left it on for SIX HOURS while I was at a conference. Another time I left it running for three hours on a very populated street in Philadelphia, with hundreds of people walking by not noticing that it was in fact on and running and unlocked. If it had been my Tesla I probably would have freaked out. But since Priuses are a dime a dozen, I guess no one even looked twice.