TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Had to have display replaced, new screen does not look as vibrant/color rich???

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, Feb 15, 2017.

1. DrivingTheFuture

Could this be a brightness setting or is Tesla changing hardware perhaps? It's almost as if you compared a quality iPad screen to a cheap Android tablet display. I only noticed because we stepped out of the loaner model X (which I assume had original display from production line last year) and into our repaired X (FYI we had to get whole display unit replaced because of a strange fan noise coming from the dash)

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

What's the percentage brightness level from 0 to 100% that it shows you?

3. DrivingTheFuture

Checked this morning and it was on auto, sitting at 52%... Perhaps the loaner was not on auto brightness and was at 100% last night and we got into our car which would have been dimmed at that time cuz it was dusk...

4. DrivingTheFuture

#4 DrivingTheFuture, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Also, can someone please post a picture of the right edge of their screen where it meets the dash? Like how big the gap is... My wife thinks ours is now sitting back a little too far...

5. Tam

Tam Active Member

You can go ahead and use your finger to slide it all the way up to 100% while it's on "auto".

Next time, it will remember auto on daylight means 100%.

You can do adjust to your desired percentage for night time too.

• Informative x 1