Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had you already driven a Tesla before you ordered M3?

Had you already experienced a Tesla vehicle before you put down your deposit?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, as for me, I don't drive because of physical limitations, but hoping the 'extra Model 3' reservation in this house will be for me, if autopilot is good enough for me to drive safely.

But I DO get to caress the passenger side door of a Model S all the time. :) (weird yes, but those that know me, know what I mean. It's a like my personal 'thank you' to the car for transporting me.)

Question for those who have driven a tesla -- with the acceleration being so quick, do you find it to be jumpy or jerky? my wife can get sick in my car now and I was hoping the electric would be smoother

Well, the acceleration is smooth as glass. However, the sensation of all of your inner organs getting slammed back against your spine is, let's say...unique. ;)

Haven't driven a Tesla to-date and reserved my Model 3 in store before the reveal (6 hour drive to DC store). I've wanted to drive a Model S several times but haven't because I'm afraid I'll impulsively purchase one shortly following the test drive.

Test drove a P85. That night, I put in my deposit and finalized my order. So if you're not ready to spend a ludicrous amount of money on an EV car, DO NOT TEST DRIVE. :D that's why i know the M3 will be a beast. if there is a p90D or P100D for M3, it's on top of my wish list.

yep - test drove a regular 85 a year or so back.
Brilliant car, but for most of our family needs just too big, too much car.
We were ready to pull the trigger as well up until the test drive - but it convinced us to wait for the Model ☰ instead

I did get the to test drive a Model S before I ordered.

I was online outside of the store on the evening of March 30, when those of waiting were offered a test test drive. We all said we were staying overnight to order a Model 3 because we couldn't afford a Model S. We were told that didn't matter and we should get the chance to drive a Tesla before we ordered. As a result, I spent the night trying to figure out if we afford second one so I wouldn't have to worry about my wife driving it all the time and leaving me in an ICE vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: sickfox and GSP
I had sat in a model s at the toronto store but never driven one. I am really looking forward to my test drive in a week. No chance I can buy one, well over the family budget.
My interest actually started with spacex and led to tesla. Grew to admire the goals of the companies. Grew jealous of the 3 model s owners in my neighbourhood. Can't imagine anything that will stop my going through with this now.

I have always said I would never purchase a car > $20K but Model 3 is going to make me a liar. Maybe I was referring to normal (ICE) cars.. Honestly if I could swing a Model S without being car-poor I would. High end luxury cars never appealed to me but I drool every time I see a Model S in my area.

Have followed Tesla from the beginning. Ordered my Model 3 last month and test drove a Model S on 12 May with my good friend Nick who has also ordered a M3. The drive of the Model S was GREAT!!
Dublin Tesla.JPG