Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hail / acorn / small rock mini-dent on hood..... fixable?

AdamHLG

Sep 29, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
All,

I have my small share of imperfections around my Model X after almost 2 years of ownership. Little micro-dings or chips, but really not noticeable unless you are OCD and see it every time you hand wash every square inch of the car - which I do.

However I have 2 very small dents on the hood. One has no paint chip but it "bends the light" when you look at it at an angle - it looks like a small acorn bounced off the hood with juuuust enough force to make a "bend the light" indentation, and the other has a very small paint chip and had some white residue and it too "bends the light" when looking at it at an angle, and that one was probably a rock chip on the road. It bothers me very much given the detail and care I give to my cars.

Is this a fixable thing? I know someone will "need to see it" but who - - a body shop? I have a Modesta ceramic coating on my X and the shop is 2 hours away - not exactly a quick drive and I don't even know if this is something they can fix.

But maybe this is a relatively common thing. I thought I heard about some kind of suction device to pull it out. But I would never do that myself - I don't think. I would be too nervous to make it worse.

Figured I would ask you guys. Thanks.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC