TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hail and roof repair in the Boulder/Denver area?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by pf-flyer, Aug 2, 2018.

1. pf-flyer

pf-flyer Member

On Sunday I ran into a hailstorm between Pueblo and Colorado Springs. It cracked the windshield and the back glass roof panel, along with ~40 good sized pockmarks across the body of my Model S.
    Colorado Coach in Boulder says they no longer work on Teslas due to the wait time for parts. Stuttgart Autobody in Englewood does work on Teslas but said they are likely booked out until early 2019!

Any suggestions on repair places that can handle Tesla parts and removing dings in aluminum?

PF-Flyer

2. sdoorex

sdoorex Member

#2 sdoorex, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Previously, when I had hail damage on my car I worked with my insurance provider and their preferred provider. They had no problem taking the dents out of the aluminium and had removed all the dents in <24 hours. I had to have both lower chrome trims replaced on the doors which I ended up having done at the service center after my insurance had a hell of a fight since they wouldn't just sell us the parts. That ended up taking several additional weeks to get done. For the body damage, there are several places around town that can easily handle PDR (paintless dent repair) on the body especially since there are a decent number of cars that are aluminium body panels.

I now have some more dents to have pulled out and I'm working with Hi Tech PDR in Centennial but I do not need any trim replaced this time.

Edit: BTW, my previous repair cost $5600 for the PDR and trim and it would have been more than double at the Tesla certified shops.

3. MS Falcon

MS Falcon Member

Sorry to hear of the hail damage to your Tesla. When i took delivery of my Tesla several months ago, i immediately took her over to Colorado Detail for paint protection. Don't know if they do those kinds of repair but they would be worth contacting for a possible referral. The owner, Steve, was very professional and accommodating not to mention the outstanding work that they did on my car. Good luck