Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hail + Tesla = sad sad day :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am living with a few dents. You can see them if you look for them. However, the insurance settlement paid for the appliances. (New dishwasher not shown, Fridge not new).
Angle2.jpg

I can't remember a summer this bad in Sydney. The heat and humidity have been terrible, now hail. Was glad to see the temperature back down to 25 on Monday. Looks like rain Sunday and Monday. Hope it is just showers and no more hail.

There are paintless tools that use a suction or vacuum system, which I suspect is the easiest way to get to things such as the roof rails.
I was wondering about this. Do the paintless techniques used on steel work just as well on aluminum? Or does the less malleable aluminum have too much memory?
This made me sick just reading about it. I'm really sorry for you.

I got two very small dents in my rear quarter panel. For $150 they were perfectly removed. It would have been less but they had to go through the rear trunk area and move some electrical wiring to get at the area. Was worth it even though they were small.

I got damage in Turramurra on the pacific highway. Managed to get undercover but took a few dents in the bonnet.
Windscreen of a Subaru near me was actually smashed by the hail. Never seen anything like it.

I was in turramurra too. At least a dozen on bonnet, and a few on the roof rails, doors and rear quarter. Our ute was at st Ives and got at least 50! Seems the north shore was particularly bad. Our insurer originally had us booked with a repair shop, but there are so many that there is a special facility is being set up in Artarmon to deal with them.

Spoke to tesla, they said that the normal dent systems are fine, just let them know its aluminum