Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Half Moon Bay event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am disappointed with the event held at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay today. There was one X and one S plus a lot of people. There was no model 3 and they charged $30 for valet parking.

I could have drove to the local dealer and had a better experience.

Concur, unless the goal was to help Elon continue to unsell the Model 3 then the event was a success. :-(

Such an amateurish event, 15 minute wait for valet, surprise $30 parking fee, 1/4 mile walk to event without signage, anyone could walk in snd tgey were, another 15 minute wait for food, but wait they ran out of food...

Best cars in the world, yes.
A service company, no.

Stop these brand damaging events.

More details in another thread:

Weekend Socials

@DOCAL: The social events I've attended at Tesla Stores in the area were more enjoyable, usually with some sort of presentation (I can remember talks on Autopilot and Tesla Energy at various events I've gone to) and without an unmet expectation of food at a mealtime, or surprise valet parking charges.

Bruce.

There's another thread started last year on the socials. A number of photos and comments from attendees on how the events around the country were. I commented there about attending one this year, very well organized and attended, where they had prizes at the end of the event determined by the ticket number you got going in to the event. We won first prize--a week with an S or X of our choice. Totally shocked and have yet to plan our week what with hubby's schedule right now. Forgot what some of the other prizes were but assume that this was something specifically arranged by that showroom. Apart from the prize we won which sounds unique from other socials held in the past, hubby and I have enjoyed the socials we went to and learned something each time and enjoyed meeting and chatting with other users sharing experiences and sometimes tips. Will still go in the future when we can. We see a lot of Teslas in our area but no one ever gives a wave so a nice way to meet other owners.

Here's the thread mentioned above: Saturday (& Sunday) Socials

Last edited: