TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Half way through 2016 and still no 2016 trunk mat

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Steve Nugent, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Steve Nugent

Steve Nugent Member

I have been waiting 6 months now for a 2016 Tesla/WeatherTech trunk mat for my model S. Evidently not in production. Anyone find an alternative that is light weight?

• Like x 1
  2. blc1017

blc1017 Member

Do you mean a frunk mat? The Tesla store has weather tech trunk mats.

3. jfoxny

jfoxny Member

Just order it from WeatherTech. It won't have the Tesla nameplate but it's exactly the same thing. That's what I did.

4. Steve Nugent

Steve Nugent Member

According to the response I got from Weathertech, they have not made one for the 2016 models yet. Did you order it directly from Weathertech? Does it fit the trunk?

5. Steve Nugent

Steve Nugent Member

I ordered one on the Weathertech site, thanks.

6. jfoxny

jfoxny Member

No problem. Yes, it fits fine.

7. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

IF the OP is asking about the large cargo area on the MS, I recently purchased the Lloyds Northridge cargo area mat. It has a diagonal pattern with recesses for collecting liquid, but it does not have a lip around the edge of the mat. I like the mat because it is very flexible and has a small cutout for the loop on the cover over the compartment below the cargo floor. When I pull on the loop, both the mat and the cover are lifted at the same time making it pretty easy to get into that space. The fit is good for my MS60 and covers the entire cargo floor area except for the open pass through areas on the left an right side of the cargo floor near the taillights. But I wouldn't want that area to be covered with just the mat anyway.

8. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Any chance someone can get me the size of the rear cargo area? Width /depth etc,.....?