Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Halloween light show?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I played the Christmas light show for the neighbor kids a few times last year and was wondering if there was anything like that for Halloween? I read here at some point that these things are programmable but it would test my patience to do it. I know I can use sentry mode to talk through the car and flash the lights but was wondering if there is something automated.

I'll probably sit at my piano and play Chopin's Funeral March on repeat in any case. I could try to play it through to the car. I'm a mediocre piano player at best.

I played the Christmas light show for the neighbor kids a few times last year and was wondering if there was anything like that for Halloween? I read here at some point that these things are programmable but it would test my patience to do it. I know I can use sentry mode to talk through the car and flash the lights but was wondering if there is something automated.

I'll probably sit at my piano and play Chopin's Funeral March on repeat in any case. I could try to play it through to the car. I'm a mediocre piano player at best.
There's some Halloween themed custom light shows you can try loading into a flash drive:
Halloween Theme Song (Michael Myers) Remix | Tesla Light Share
Ghostbusters (Halloween) | Tesla Light Share

Just search halloween here:
Tesla Light Share

There is a tutorial here on how to load them:
How To | Tesla Light Share

Thanks this is cool!

So, if I’m understanding this correctly, you can only have one light show per USB stick. So if you want to try different ones, each one should be on its own USB stick, right?
That's my understanding since they need to have a specific name. You might be able to get away with multiples on one stick but only one can be active at a time. You'd have to go back to a device that can rename them. Probably easy just to use multiple sticks anyway since if you are like me you have a drawerful of them. They don't need high capacity.

My next question: Can this be started remotely? Right now you have to select it on the console and exit the car.

Reactions: f308gt4
There's some Halloween themed custom light shows you can try loading into a flash drive:
Halloween Theme Song (Michael Myers) Remix | Tesla Light Share
Ghostbusters (Halloween) | Tesla Light Share

Just search halloween here:
Tesla Light Share

There is a tutorial here on how to load them:
How To | Tesla Light Share

Great resource, thanks much!

Quick question on this: My understanding is that you can only have one light show per USB stick, i.e., there is no way of having multiple light shows stored on the same USB stick, am I correct?

Great resource, thanks much!

Quick question on this: My understanding is that you can only have one light show per USB stick, i.e., there is no way of having multiple light shows stored on the same USB stick, am I correct?
People actually answered already upthread, there is more details here:
GitHub - teslamotors/light-show: Tesla Light Show

Basically because the car looks for two specific named files in a specific folder and will only play that sequence, there is no way to have multiple light shows and have select them on the car. As others mentioned, you can store multiple of them with different names (and rename the specific set you want to play to the right name), but the car will only play the specific one. Even if you make multiple partitions on the drive, that doesn't help for the same reason (it'll just play the first one it finds matching).

The easiest way to switch multiple shows (without unplugging and constant renaming of files). Is to buy a pack of multiple low capacity flash drives and store each individual show separately. Then you can just swap drives.

Reactions: T4M3
I wish they did a Halloween mode voice command “boo boo boo” Display car turns into a COFFIN, orange and black colors,other cars are Ghosts,people walking by are skeletons, cones are pumpkins and theme song monster mash, turn signal sound “boooo”