TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hamilton to sarasota fl model 3 sr+

Discussion in 'Canada' started by juls_esp, Dec 11, 2019.

1. juls_esp

juls_esp Member

looking to drive during the holidays 5 passengers and 2 luggages with winter tires on
    which route would you recommend during the winter? anyone done anything similar?
    would love to take the m3 instead of my ice suv.. tips and recomendations are appreciated
    i will be splitting the trip staying overnight somewhere

2. Trevlan006

Trevlan006 Member

I have been many times, ICE and EV. Personally I enjoy the 95 down the east coast through the Appalachia’s mountains. And then cross around the 301 just last Jacksonville. be safe watch for others watch for trucks and keep an eye on the weather. Use ABRP and print is off as a back up. Input the worst case, higher whkm, weight and heavy snow.

• Like x 1
  3. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

Presumably you'll drive over to the Detroit area, then drive straight down I-75 until you hit the Florida Turnpike.

Consider switching back to all-season 18" with aero covers to maximize your range, unless you expect bad road conditions for the first day.

BTW: If you don't already have a SunPass, stop at the first service station on the FL Turnpike and get one. Whole lot easier driving around South Florida with it, and the Turnpike exits in Miami and further south don't have a cash option.

Edit: Just realized you said Sarasota, so you won't be using the Turnpike, just staying on I-75

• Like x 2
  4. juls_esp

juls_esp Member

i have done the drive in my ice car taking either 79/77 or 75 all the way down
    i will look into the 90 now as well thank you

5. Trevlan006

Trevlan006 Member

Through Niagara Falls 79/77 sorry that’s my fault for saying 95.

6. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

Plan the route out on abetterrouteplanner.com

• Like x 2