Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hamilton to sarasota fl model 3 sr+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking to drive during the holidays 5 passengers and 2 luggages with winter tires on
which route would you recommend during the winter? anyone done anything similar?
would love to take the m3 instead of my ice suv.. tips and recomendations are appreciated
i will be splitting the trip staying overnight somewhere

I have been many times, ICE and EV. Personally I enjoy the 95 down the east coast through the Appalachia’s mountains. And then cross around the 301 just last Jacksonville. be safe watch for others watch for trucks and keep an eye on the weather. Use ABRP and print is off as a back up. Input the worst case, higher whkm, weight and heavy snow.

Reactions: juls_esp
looking to drive during the holidays 5 passengers and 2 luggages with winter tires on
which route would you recommend during the winter? anyone done anything similar?
would love to take the m3 instead of my ice suv.. tips and recomendations are appreciated
i will be splitting the trip staying overnight somewhere

Presumably you'll drive over to the Detroit area, then drive straight down I-75 until you hit the Florida Turnpike.

Consider switching back to all-season 18" with aero covers to maximize your range, unless you expect bad road conditions for the first day.

BTW: If you don't already have a SunPass, stop at the first service station on the FL Turnpike and get one. Whole lot easier driving around South Florida with it, and the Turnpike exits in Miami and further south don't have a cash option.

Edit: Just realized you said Sarasota, so you won't be using the Turnpike, just staying on I-75