TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hammacher Schlemmer features the Meyers NmG

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by tonybelding, Mar 17, 2007.

1. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

I got a copy of the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog in the mail this morning, and the whole front cover is a photo of a yellow Meyers NmG (No More Gas) EV -- it's the same vehicle that was known as the Corbin Sparrow in a former life. They are also featuring it on their website: hammacher.com

Nowhere in the catalog do they mention the name of the vehicle or the company that makes it. (myersmotors.com)

Available in 14 colors. Yours for only $24,899.95.

To me it seems rather steep for such a very limited vehicle (glorified golf cart, punishment car, green penalty box, etc.)

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Vistited the Meyers site.

With marketing copy like "Funtelligent" and NmG (No More Gas) they will surely go far ;)

I've always thought the Sparrow looked like something out of Aardman Animation.

3. DDB

DDB Member

HS is the place to shop for someone who has everything. Certainly this is not a vehicle for the masses. Still, I hope they survive...although I won't be caught in one. :p

4. AutoExotica

AutoExotica New Member

5. AutoExotica

AutoExotica New Member

Hmmm, doesn't like HTML apparently. Must remember that...

6. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

The forum doesn't like HTML but you can get most of the same effects using BBcode (generated by the buttons in the toolbar). You can also go back and edit posts if something doesn't work they you expected.

And while I'm here I should mention, I don't think the NmG is all bad. . . I may have layed into it too hard with the "punishment car" talk.

It could be fun and useful for some people. It seems to me like a lot of money for what it does -- but some people are buying them anyhow, and I think that's excellent. I hope Meyers can make a business out of it.