Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hammer's Model S Mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ruby, my P100D has finally completed her first round of modifications.

She started with a black interior, matte obeche décor, all glass roof, PUP, UHF Sound, and the Subzero package.

Since delivery she has received the following:
- Paint correction
- Gloss black paint on all chrome
- Full ClearGuard Nano wrap
- Unplugged Performance @UnpluggedP spoiler painted gloss black
- Modesta PD Private Label coating and glass, wheel, and interior coatings
- Vinyl decals for front/side emblems, rear trim, and rear windshield from RPM Tesla
- Spectra PhotoSync 35 on sides/rear and 75 on windshield/roof
- BlackVue DR650S-2CH with an aftermarket 128GB SD card
- GlareShield screen protector
- NVX Subwoofer Kit
- 20” Vossen VFS1s, 245 front, 285 rear, powder coated gloss black at factory with Michelin PSSs
- Tesla WeatherTech mats

Huge thanks to @EVS Motors and Butch at Imperial Collision for making years of planning a reality.

Planned but not yet completed:
- Wrap interior aluminum trim
- MC Red seat backs and red seat belts
- Custom lit door sills
- Red LEDs on all interior lighting
- Adjustable rear camber links and lower links
- Custom cubby door
- Embroidery into headrests

Potential projects
- Safe in lower trunk or frunk
- Enhanced soundproofing
- Signals detection

The first photo is at an EVS sponsored Tesla only Gigaparty in Houston and the second and third are at work with a co-worker. We're the only two Teslas on FT Polk and just happen to be in the same unit.

Attachments

• File_003.jpeg
    File_003.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 427
  • File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    521.1 KB · Views: 375
  • File_001.jpeg
    File_001.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 375
Thanks for your service! Car looks great. You prefer to paint the chrome over plasti dip or wrap?
Mind sharing some of the costs?

I went with paint for a few reasons:
- I knew what I wanted so the option to go back was of no interest to me
- I wanted something that will last long and not fade or peel
- I didn't want any visible seams
- Since I was getting the car coated paint made even more sense for longevity

The cost of new badges, paint for all the chrome and spoiler, and installation of the spoiler and vinyl decals that I provided was $1875. This included disassembly, prep, and many coats of paint and I think it was a deal for the quality of work I got. It was his first go at a job like this so I'm not sure if he'd charge more because it was so difficult or less because he worked out all the bugs.

Ruby, my P100D has finally completed her first round of modifications.

She started with a black interior, matte obeche décor, all glass roof, PUP, UHF Sound, and the Subzero package.

Since delivery she has received the following:
- Paint correction
- Gloss black paint on all chrome
- Full ClearGuard Nano wrap
- Unplugged Performance @UnpluggedP spoiler painted gloss black
- Modesta PD Private Label coating and glass, wheel, and interior coatings
- Vinyl decals for front/side emblems, rear trim, and rear windshield from RPM Tesla
- Spectra PhotoSync 35 on sides/rear and 75 on windshield/roof
- BlackVue DR650S-2CH with an aftermarket 128GB SD card
- GlareShield screen protector
- NVX Subwoofer Kit
- 20” Vossen VFS1s, 245 front, 285 rear, powder coated gloss black at factory with Michelin PSSs
- Tesla WeatherTech mats

Huge thanks to @EVS Motors and Butch at Imperial Collision for making years of planning a reality.

Planned but not yet completed:
- Wrap interior aluminum trim
- MC Red seat backs and red seat belts
- Custom lit door sills
- Red LEDs on all interior lighting
- Adjustable rear camber links and lower links
- Custom cubby door
- Embroidery into headrests

Potential projects
- Enhanced soundproofing
- Signals detection

The first photo is at an EVS sponsored Tesla only Gigaparty in Houston and the second and third are at work with a co-worker. We're the only two Teslas on FT Polk and just happen to be in the same unit.

It's a beautiful car, and pretty amazing that you got it done for under $2k. I'm sure I will say I should have known, after you answer, but what is "Signals detection?"

Stunning car. Congrats

Few questions and feel free to PM me if you like. I am doing a few of the same.

I am doing the Blackvue and curious what you paid for installed for it. I am looking at 850 here locally.

It was $525 but I received discounts for all the other work and prepaid for the work during a holiday sale. It's about $400 MSRP in parts I believe. $450 for labor seems high but I didn't do the work so I can't speak to how many hours it actually takes. I'm sure you could find some install videos to get a better idea and bounce that off your local hourly rate averages.

It's a beautiful car, and pretty amazing that you got it done for under $2k. I'm sure I will say I should have known, after you answer, but what is "Signals detection?"

The price I listed was just for the paint. The total cost was much more :p

I'm referring to radar and laser detection and jamming. I really do try not to speed especially given the appearance now but I find it very easy to accidentally speed given how stable she is and quick she gets there.

Potential projects

I put my safe in the lower back (we call it the basement) in part to get it farther out of sight, and because it is becoming known on the street that there are hidden releases for the frunk so the fire department can cut the power after a crash. (Yeah, that method used on a parked Tesla sets of the alarm, but who reacts to car alarms?) Anything to slow then down is a plus.

I put my safe in the lower back (we call it the basement) in part to get it farther out of sight, and because it is becoming known on the street that there are hidden releases for the frunk so the fire department can cut the power after a crash. (Yeah, that method used on a parked Tesla sets of the alarm, but who reacts to car alarms?) Anything to slow then down is a plus.

What type of safe did you buy and how did you mount it? The amp for my subwoofer is in there as well but there should be room.

Reactions: HebrHmr
This one: Amazon.com: First Alert 5200DF Portable Handgun or Pistol Safe: Home Improvement
(And it's currently less than the $67 I paid for it....)

It comes with a reasonably sturdy steel cable to secure it, which I wrapped around the "arm" across the opening.

I just wanted to have SOME place for secure storage; it doesn't have to be used for handguns. :rolleyes:

That's a good idea. I was thinking I'd need to bolt in underneath but it really just needs to be a deterrent that someone isn't willing to risk exposure getting in to.

I'm with you...somewhere for cash on trips, jewelry at the gym, etc.