TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hand Controls (Handicapped) for Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Cliff Hannel, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Cliff Hannel

Cliff Hannel Member

It might be a small sub-segment, but the Model S (D) seem perfect for having hand-based accelerator and brake controls (vs. clunky mechanical retrofits). I've recently lost my ability to drive my P85 with my legs and really want to get back behind the wheel (of a D?). I have not gotten any response from the factory, but have started a bit of an email/web campaign. Here is a link to our open letter (we are the EVTripPlanner.com team) - https://evtripplanner.com/TeslaHandControlsCampaign.pdf

Please post the link wherever you think you can help raise awareness. Thanks!

2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

There was a thread about a guy who was going to get this fitted to an S. Search the forum to find it and contact him through PM!

3. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

#3 ken830, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016