Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hand controls installed on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a MX refresh on order. Will need to have hand controls installed. Has anyone had hand controls installed on an MX? What brand did you use and did it affect anything on FSD, autopilot or regenerative braking. We have seen different models with controls installed, so we know it can be done. Any feed back on disabled hand controls would be much appreciated.

I have a MY and I had hand controls installed, I opted for the electronic ones as opposed to the mechanical ones (that I had in my last car) . They were easy to source, and the installed price was around 1800$ CDN including the spinner Knob on the steering wheel which I had to order separately , seems insane that you have to order it separately, how can you drive with hand controls if you do not have a spinner knob. It was hard to accelerate smoothly with the standard mode of steering. I was like a rabbit at lights, I would just touch the hand controls to accelerate and the car would take off . I switched the driving mode to "chill" and it drives very comfortably now.

I have mobility problems so filling up at a normal self serve gas station was hard.I setup my charging station in my garage on a wall next to the ramp I use to get into the house so now when I get out of the car I can just hold on to the ramp for stability while I plug in the car. The car is great and I really like it but the ease of plugging in at home is one of the best features for me

Upvote 0
I have a MY and I had hand controls installed, I opted for the electronic ones as opposed to the mechanical ones (that I had in my last car) . They were easy to source, and the installed price was around 1800$ CDN including the spinner Knob on the steering wheel which I had to order separately , seems insane that you have to order it separately, how can you drive with hand controls if you do not have a spinner knob. It was hard to accelerate smoothly with the standard mode of steering. I was like a rabbit at lights, I would just touch the hand controls to accelerate and the car would take off . I switched the driving mode to "chill" and it drives very comfortably now.

I have mobility problems so filling up at a normal self serve gas station was hard.I setup my charging station in my garage on a wall next to the ramp I use to get into the house so now when I get out of the car I can just hold on to the ramp for stability while I plug in the car. The car is great and I really like it but the ease of plugging in at home is one of the best features for me
Thanks for the great information. My husband is paralyzed but has been driving a van for last 10 years. We saw a wonderful opportunity with owning a Tesla. We are so exciting to get our MX. Still waiting with no delivery date yet. No more gas stations!

Upvote 0