TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hand Controls

Discussion in 'Model S' started by lkuntz, Dec 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lkuntz

lkuntz Member

Has anyone put hand controls in their Model S? We will need them for my husband to be able to drive the car (delivery on 12/29). We have always had mechanical hand controls in our other cars, but they have sometimes necessitated cutting into the dashboard and removing the driver's knee airbag. I have seen some information about electronic/digital hand controls, but don't know much about them.

2. ColBatGuano

ColBatGuano Member

Paravan might be a good place to start. I remember coming across this company when I started Tesla shopping. They are in Germany; it appears they have quite a selection of enabling technologies and have applied them to some unique cars. I'm having difficulty loading their webpage, but from their YouTube channel the link to their facebook page works (I can't view much as I'm not on facebook).

I hope these links are helpful. Welcome to the board.

3. lkuntz

lkuntz Member

Thanks for the information. I'll take a look. I found one company with interesting electronic controls, but they only install them in their facility in Florida. I'm not up for shipping the car across country if I don't have to.