Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hand Wash or Touchless in SFV / Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for a place to bring a M3LR for it's first wash. I would give it a shot myself but I'm in an apartment. Saw a post about Classic Hand Car Wash in Burbank, but Yelp reviews have me a bit weary. Any other good places in the valley? I only need an exterior wash at this point. Ideally I would like to find a place where I could pre buy a bunch of hand washes in advance and bring it there whenever it is needed.

Bump
Anyone?

There is a drive-thru touchless carwash at the Chevron on Topanga Canyon(Across the street from the California Chicken Cafe). I’ve taken it there plenty of times and it has been great. I normally get out and fry whatever spots and remaining after the air dryer. I think it is 11 bucks. I’ve seen plenty of Tesla’s there waiting in line.

Oh, I normally go inside to pay. They give you a ticket with a code.

There is a drive-thru touchless carwash at the Chevron on Topanga Canyon(Across the street from the California Chicken Cafe). I’ve taken it there plenty of times and it has been great. I normally get out and fry whatever spots and remaining after the air dryer. I think it is 11 bucks. I’ve seen plenty of Tesla’s there waiting in line.

Thanks. Went here today and paid for the $8 wash. Exactly what I was looking for. Gave it a quick dry with some microfiber after. Used some Invisible Glass on the windows as well. Bit of a drive for me but good option to have. Didn’t see any other Teslas at the time.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Thanks. Went here today and paid for the $8 wash. Exactly what I was looking for. Gave it a quick dry with some microfiber after. Used some Invisible Glass on the windows as well. Bit of a drive for me but good option to have. Didn’t see any other Teslas at the time.
Glad it worked out for you. I’m not sure where in the Valley you’re at but there is another drive-thru carwash like the Chevron. This one is a Mobil, and I believe it’s in Van Nuys. I’ve never been but a quick google search helped me locate it.

Never take your car through a car wash where machines or people will physically rub at it.
Dirt from previous cars will lodge into the brushes and scrape your paint to basecoat. don't
fall for gimmicks like "ultra soft". Also the ones where attendants rub the car result in towels
being reused a lot without washing, same result.

Laser touch free only, go on Google and read reviews for your area code before visiting one.
My redneck town has 5 car washes, only one of these reliable, owner always around cleaning and topping fluids.

Best job is DYI dual pail bucket with oil based particle trapping shampoo.

Reactions: scotteh
Glad it worked out for you. I’m not sure where in the Valley you’re at but there is another drive-thru carwash like the Chevron. This one is a Mobil, and I believe it’s in Van Nuys. I’ve never been but a quick google search helped me locate it.

I’m in noho. I’ll keep this mind also. Thanks.

Never take your car through a car wash where machines or people will physically rub at it.
Dirt from previous cars will lodge into the brushes and scrape your paint to basecoat. don't
fall for gimmicks like "ultra soft". Also the ones where attendants rub the car result in towels
being reused a lot without washing, same result.

Laser touch free only, go on Google and read reviews for your area code before visiting one.
My redneck town has 5 car washes, only one of these reliable, owner always around cleaning and topping fluids.

Best job is DYI dual pail bucket with oil based particle trapping shampoo.
Yes, indeed. The recommendations are laser touch free.

Tried this place out today. Saw a few Teslas in front of me. Did the $7 express wash. Does a decent job as a touch less wash. I would go back especially since this one is closer to me. Thanks again!

8C8D45FC-1B83-42E1-972F-3BCFFEEA931C.jpeg

Reactions: RedWhite19

auto detailing arlington va
Most Car Wash joints offer a hand wash. You never want to have them run it thru the tunnel, your rims will get scratched and it messes with alignment.

Where is this place… excellent. What’s the address
I’m the same guy on Reddit that responded to you. It’s that Gus’s quoted above.

Reactions: funphax
Where is this place… excellent. What’s the address
For anyone else who comes here and is looking for a quick answer, it's at:
exxon
15303 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, CA 91406

Basic wash is $8. Or, go inside for a prepaid card which gives 6 washes for the price of 3 at any wash level. Each time you want a wash you have to go inside and get a code/have your prepaid card punched.

Took my MYLR through today. Truly touchless. Definitely bring a touchup microfiber, especially for mirrors and overhangs which the air blowers don't get.

Reactions: DocHolliday