TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hand Wash that you can recommend in Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by shah007, Jun 14, 2016.

1. shah007

shah007 Member

Are there any hand car washes that you can recommend for the Model S in Northern Virginia. I was recommended Champion Car Wash by DS in Tysons Corner but would like to see if there are any others that people have used and liked.

• Helpful x 1
  2. Vrrooom

Vrrooom Member

I have used Champion Car Wash in Tysons. They do a decent job and it is certainly better than any drive through car wash. However, they don't pay close attention to details. They do a quick hand wash that I have seen miss some spots and when they're done they wipe the car down and just wipe over the missed spots. I'm a little more OCD then that so I'm not a fan.

• Helpful x 1
  3. shah007

shah007 Member

Thanks Vrrooom. Any other car washes that you can recommend that are better than Champion?

4. Vrrooom

Vrrooom Member

Not in the immediate area- there's a place called Love my Car in Germantown MD that also does hand washes and they do great work.

5. jacobp

jacobp Member

I've been using C&C Auto Detailing for years. Curtis (the owner) comes to your house and does an excellent hand wash. He has a special for TMC members -- $25.

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I doubt he'd come to Northern Virginia from Baltimore for $25...

• Informative x 1
  7. jacobp

jacobp Member

He's not in Baltimore. I live in Potomac and he comes to my house. He's in Leesburg.

8. Max*

O, my bad, I googled the company name and it came up just south of Baltimore.

I might use him too in that case, heh.

9. Max*

The company above is in Brooklyn, MD. The company "C&C AutoDetail" is in Leesburg.

FYI for anyone else who was confused.

• Like x 1
  10. nikielizabeth

nikielizabeth Member

While I prefer washing my cars myself (OCD), I know that there will be days that I am pressed for time, so I appreciate this page. I wouldn't have thought of looking for the 'best' auto detailer (reason why I love these forums). I live in Alexandria, and it seems as if we have a few spots nearby that work. I have also been to Embassy Car Wash a few times (when I lived in Ashburn), and they were ok. Here is Yelp's reviews for local auto detailers: The Best 10 Car Wash in Alexandria, VA