Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Handing M3P back to Tesla (Lease)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am in a position where I may need to look at handing back my 2021 M3P (Tesla Lease) and get something that is more adorable on the monthly payments.
Looking on the Tesla app under the the manage lease option when I do a quote it comes back as FoC (£0) to hand the car back.

I am well under my milage allocation but my only issue/concern is there is a dent on the rear, near side door that needs sorting.
I did have a guy out who said he thinks he could repair it for c£450/500 but couldn't make any guarantees due to the quality issues with the paint (risk of it literally pulling off!)

The two questions I have are...

1) Has anyone had any dent work done on their M3 (white) that was successful... I/e being pulled??, the paint is also intact currently which is good
2) Has anyone handed their car back to Tesla with any body work damage and had a quote/cost to have it sorted?

I can't seem to find any info as to what their charges "could be"... but knowing Tesla it's probably not going to be cheap!

My mate had a VW Arteon that had a pretty bad crease/dent on the bonnet due to a low speed front impact, he took the risk and handed the car back and he was only charged £150!!

Thanks
Adam

Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 17.14.24.png

Pic of the damage

Search for "PDR". You'll find quite a few examples where this was successful . Personally I would attempt it. Tesla will likely charge you an entire respray of the door and 3/4 panel...maybe even a new door. Or better yet, find another PDR who doesn't give you that disclaimer.

you looking to replace with another Tesla or something else? If Tesla have you checked the multiple increases over the last 12 months haven’t pushed alternatives like the LR into a similar monthly bracket that you’re already paying?

When my drivers door was crushed by a third party last summer their insurance paid for repair at the Tesla approved Fylde Coast Accident Repair Centre in Blackpool. At the same time I had work done on a sill (stone damage) and the boot lip (slight crumple from reversing against brickwork) which I paid for myself.

This was all undertaken to a quality level that I could not fault & the service offered by Fylde themselves was exemplary. I suspect that one day when the original Fremont paintwork has long since flaked off, these areas will remain pristine - colour match is perfect & undetectable even where it has been blended into the original paint.