TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Handling Day with the Roadster

Discussion in 'Video' started by Albern, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Albern

Albern Member

#1 Albern, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

It's really cool how they have some telemetry info in this video; something I haven't seen too much of.

It would be nice if there were also graphics for throttle and brake (broken down into regen and friction) positions. I think the graphic here was a combination of lateral G with acceleration and breaking which didn't look very clear or responsive.

There was a beeping sound at ~1:03, does anyone have any idea what that was?

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

It's a warning sound from the VDS. Likely the PEM is getting hot.

3. Albern

Albern Member

Thanks. I heard some owners were complaining about this. Hopefully some of the modifications in the Sport model mitigates this issue.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

You can get warnings about the motor, PEM & battery pack. Even the sport can drop power if you really push it hard enough. It doesn't end your fun though... Just cuts back power a bit until things have a chance to cool down.